Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr.Brown707 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
    Is it me or them?
    I swear, I just don't know what Im supposed to be doing on this planet anymore. I have a girlfriend who's supposed to be there for me always. 3 years we dated and now everything is falling apart. Nothing has changed, so what the hell happened? And now there's this girl I met who is dating this guy and he's doing the same thing to her. Me and this girl are both dating someone who doesn't want to change and really doesn't care if were happy or not. Me and her keep talking about how we've given them every chance to change and be better, and it seems like she wants to leave him but won't, and I'm about to give up on my girlfriend as well. And now I'm falling for this girl because we have so much in common but she gets distant whenever it comes to putting her foot down with her boyfriend. I need help.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 11:47 PM

Give it some more time, and things will fall into place. If you truly are not happy with your current girlfriend, you should break up with her asap.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 20, 2010, 01:08 AM

Before you jump into anything, take a step back and make a decision. Weigh out the pros and cons of each.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 05:38 AM

Thinking you can just jump from one lousy situation to another without some time to heal, and let your emotional dust settle may not be the wise way to go. Seems like you would be a perfect fit, but when two people hurting, latch on to each other for support through their problems, seldom does it last.

A shared experience is hardly enough to build a romance on, but if you both stay within the boundaries of good behavior, your friendship can grow and be a great benefit to you both.

As people heal, they change, and when that friendship that has supported them is no longer need because they have regained their emotional strength, they leave. Look you're both having love problems and while it looks like what you have is a signal to replace the lost that is fresh in your mind, you're just setting yourself up for more misery and pain.

I just can't emphasize your need for healing time, after your failed relationship, and if her relationship fails, she will need the same, and honestly your helping her see that she needs to dump the bum she has, doesn't mean she will replace him with you. Don't try to force it on her, she will hate you for it, and that's selfish thinking anyway.
    Mr.Brown707 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2010, 11:23 PM

I left my current girlfriend but now she wants me back. But I've put my foot down and I don't want to be hurt by her anymore. She keeps texting me and trying to call me (I don't answer), and it makes it hard to have the healing time you say I need. Maybe me and her could have some kind of civil relationship later but right now I want to be away from her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search