Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nugentoffer Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Help me comparing two water heaters
    These are the two I had in mind:

GE 50 Gallon Electric Medium Water Heater 6YR 4500 Watt DE :
    GE 50 Gallon Electric Medium Water Heater 6YR 4500 Watt DE - GE50M06AAG at The Home Depot

Energy Guide for the GE : http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...8dfd21a066.pdf

Kenmore 50 Gallon Medium Height Electric Water Heater
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sName=Electric

Energy Guide for the Kenmore : http://c.sears.com/assets/eg/116434.pdf

I noticed the first hour ratings were : 62 vs. 59 gallons, what does this mean? My current Rheem FHR is 59.

Does anyone know the performance of these two brands? Should I spend the extra money for the Kenmore?

My existing water heater:

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 04:09 PM

They spec out virtually identical. How much more is the kenmore?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 04:30 PM

The ability of water heater to meet peek hour demands. 62 is better than 59.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 04:38 PM

My vote goes to the company that offers you local warranty. I have had people that waited two weeks for a warranty heater because they had to verify the old one was leaking. Most heaters, not bought from a local plumber have a 1- 800 phone number to call for service.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2010, 03:54 PM

GE water heaters are made by Rheem. Not sure of Kenmore

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE One Of The Best Water Heaters? [ 4 Answers ]

We are in need of replacing our 20+-year old water heater which is 40 gal, 4500 Watt, Tall. Could any of you tell us if GE vs. Whirlpool is better? Also, what would be the recommended way to go for electric water heaters, if the above choices are not good? Thanks for your time! God Bless, ...

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I suddenly don't have any hot water coming from my taps. I went down and checked the water heater but it's not leaking or anything. I looked at the bottom but don't really know what to look for. We have about 10' of snow outside but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Water comes out but...

Two Water Heaters [ 1 Answers ]

I know this has been asked before. My problem is when I have family visiting for a weekend I run out of hot water pretty quick. I am limited as far as space goes. I was told I can hook two water heaters together to increase the amount of hot water. My plan of action is to bring my cold water into...

Water heaters vs. Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious about advantages of tankless over a traditional water heater.

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced the thermocouple in the gas hot water heater but the pilot still goes out. What could be wrong

View more questions Search