Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tessa22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Is there anyway to darken blonde streaks?
    Today I went to my good friend at the hair dressers and asked her to put "honey-brown" highlights in my hair. She assured me they would turn out natural and "not too blonde." At the hair dressers my hair looked pretty good, a little blonde but nothing extreme. After getting a better look at my hair at my own house I have discovered how BLONDE my streaks actually are and now I am desperate to make them go away or just get them darker. I can't return to the hairdresser anytime soon and I was wondering if there were any quick fixes to my problem. HELP!

-Tessa

(that won't require dyeing my hair back... no time.)
    Ryababe24 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 08:00 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing.. I want to get rid of my hilights too lol
    hair2color Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa22
    Today I went to my good friend at the hair dressers and asked her to put "honey-brown" highlights in my hair. She assured me they would turn out natural and "not too blonde." At the hair dressers my hair looked pretty good, a little blonde but nothing extreme. After getting a better look at my hair at my own house I have discovered how BLONDE my streaks actually are and now I am desperate to make them go away or just get them darker. I can't return to the hairdresser anytime soon and I was wondering if there were any quick fixes to my problem. HELP!

-Tessa

(that won't require dyeing my hair back... no time.)
    All that is needed is a toner. But it's not a quick fix if you don't have the right product. So, you either have to go back to the salon, or go to Sally's and ask them for a demi color in a Level 9 or 10 in a neutral shade. Apply for only 10 minutes or so. Then rinse well and shampoo and condition.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 1, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Yes, you can use a toner to darken the highlights. If your hair color is brown or black, the highlights shouldn't be more than 3 shades lighter because it will look unnatural. I recommend using a level 7 dark blonde if you want to go darker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde gone wrong [ 1 Answers ]

Help!! I had highlights which were looking brassy, so I put a loreal light beige blonde dye on it and it seems to have grey streaks in it! I really should go to the hairdressers but just can't afford right now,how can I fix it?

White streaks [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to turn dark hair to white as I want white streaks in my hair. Thank you. My colour is medium brown at the moment

Yellow streaks in lawn [ 1 Answers ]

My name is frank and I have a lawn question. I have a large lawn which is sod in the style of Kentucky blue grass. I just treated with step 2 scotts lawncare and it rained heavy for like a week straight. For some reason there are yellow/light green streaks in my lawn which are appearing. I need...

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

Streaks/Patches on the body? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently using hypercreme for almost one month now but was using makari whitening soap for 6 weeks and started getting the streaks from the third week, so I'm more inclined to believe it's from the soap and not the hypercreme. My body is lightening but in patches and streaks so I can't wear...

View more questions Search