Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
    I have low to none water pressure in my town house
    I have low pressre at some sanks and no water flow at other sanks through the house. There is a water softern system in the house but we turn it off
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    There is a water softern system in the house but we turn it off
    Did you close the two valves and open up the bypass valve? (see image) Let me know, Tom
    Attached Images

letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 04:45 PM

If your softener has been turned off for a long period I would check that first, because if you did not have a by pass valve or didin't turn the by pass, water is stilll flowing through the softener and it will crust over in the mineral tank and cause the water pressure to slow. Try the outside faucets and see if you have good pressure there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

ALL of the toilets in house have low water in bowl and low pressure... [ 0 Answers ]

All of our toilets seem to be running on low water in the bowls. The tanks are full. I see no leaks. You have to flush several times to even get toilet paper down sometimes! Then the water slowly leaks out until there is less than half the amount of water. My husband replaced the flapper (wrong...

Low water pressure in whole house. [ 1 Answers ]

I just started having low water pressure in my house and it's driving me (not to mention my wife) crazy. When you turn on any faucet the pressure starts normal and steadily fades. The pressure doesn't disappear totally, just enough that taking a shower is difficult. This morning, while taking a...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

Low water pressure in house! [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause a loss of water pressure in the hot water faucets, throughout the house, after the installation of a new hot water heater?

View more questions Search