Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    decameron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 07:03 AM
    I need a break from my boyfriend
    My relationship with my boyfriend of almost a year is fine. I love him. We spend equal time talking and smooching. We talk straight-faced when one of us feels wronged by the other, we argue casually and kiss afterward. We've no problem with communication. It's what women magazines would call a working relationship And yet I feel a little stuffed with all this. Now, why is that?

Before him, it was always casual for me, I declined a few guys who wanted to be serious with me in the past. When we started going out, I thought it would be the same, but we just 'happened'. He is my first 'serious relationship'. We meet about twice a week but we mail and phone each other every day.

I get along with his friends, he gets along with my friends, and we are constantly surprised at how many mutual friends we've had even before we knew each other, that's from mixing in the same circles. We have compatible tastes, and he is very open to my hobbies that are different from his. No matter how I look at it, I don't see anything wrong that makes me feel like this. I don't want to let go of him, but I feel like I need a... I don't know... space?

I don't want to break up with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 07:24 AM

You don't have to, just bring some balance to the relationship by doing things apart sometimes. You just talk about it like you have been doing.
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Mar 19, 2010, 08:12 AM

If its not broken then why try to fix it. Sounds like you found a guy that every women would wish to have, It could be cause your bored and you want something new Im guessing. You said
    We meet about twice a week but we mail and phone each other every day.
    sounds like your bored of him. Its one thing if you two see each other everyday, but you only see each other 2 times a week, and your asking for space, sounds to me that your not really In love. You really need to know what you want cause your playing with his emotion.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
    I Corinthians 13:4-8
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 09:01 AM

As you said this is your first serious relationship and sometimes it can be daunting when things go so well in the relationship, sometimes the more cynical of us feel that we are just setting ourselves up for a loss. But you need to roll with the punches and be honest, with him.

If you feel a bit suffocated in the relationship let him know that. Let him know that it has nothing to do with him, but you need a bit more space. If your relationship is as good as you say he should understand.

Best of Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up with my boyfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend's family doesn't like me,and my mom hates him, he's mean to me,what should I do?

My boyfriend wants to break up [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants to break up. We have been dating over two years in a very serious relationship. Now all of sudden he decides he wants space. I'm trying to give it to him but it is just so hard. We have broken up 3x' in the last month but I finally decided to make it final. I will not cry...

My boyfriend says he wants a break [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old at university, my boyfriend is 19 at a different university about 1 hour, 20 minutes a way by train. Not far at all seeing as we were always an 1 hour away from each other when we lived at home. My boyfriend was meant to be coming down to spend the weekend with me this weekend,...

Should I break up with my boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 23, and my boyfriend is 25. We live together, and after rekindling a relationship, I am feeling like maybe I was just hurt too much to move on. We were together for 10 months and lived together for 8 of them when he suddenly broke up with me and moved out. I was devastated. I spent a few...

View more questions Search