Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    well I'll forward you mine :p
    just kidding, I would never do that. It's crazy the people that fall for these scams
    I almost feel bad, because some of them are so convincing. (obviously not the ones about your long lost relatives dropping dead). I got one from "my bank" and it said something was wrong with my account, and they needed my info.
    That happened to my mom just months after she started using the Internet. She didn't even know what junk mail was and had no idea that you could be scammed over email, so she responded. Never even occurred to her to wonder how they got her email without her giving it to them.

When she told me about it, I told her to go to the bank and change her account. Then I had to explain WHY she needed to do so.

It's been 5 years now. She's still basically computer illiterate. Heck, she has to get the librarian to turn on the computer if it's not already on. At least she no longer responds to scamming emails, at least as far as I know.

The creepy thing is, she emails me a few times a year to get me to post a picture to her profile on one dating site or another. She doesn't find anything odd or creepy about it at all, even after I mentioned it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I guess I should first ask. [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I guess I should ask, do moths stay around their eggs, or abandon them? Its just that she (my moth) laid eggs, and I am keeping them (and her) in a box. I saw the two moths mating, but the male flew off but the female stayed. I brought her inside and put it in a box. I think the next day, she...

Guess again? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I'm liking this, ah the power of knowing what it is. Another really easy one. 11313

Lawn mower won't start , changed Plug , but Still won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't Start , I tried Changing the Plug , But still won't Start

View more questions Search