Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pm771 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Ceiling fan remote control problem
    My ceiling fan remote control stopped working seemingly after it was dropped on the floor. The red light on the control goes on and off as expected but ceiling light and/or fan are not impacted. The battery was replaced (just in case) to no avail.

Figuring I have nothing to lose, I took the remote apart. When I use just the board and block of buttons it works. The moment I start putting it back together into the case - it stops.

Any suggestions?

TIA, Eugene
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 12:42 AM
    No idea, as you have it in front of you and I do not. Clearly it is a mechanical problem in the remote itself. It's possible something causes one of the buttons to stick when you put it back together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Ceiling fan remote control wiring help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise...

Remote control ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

The worst thing I ever did was buy a ceiling fa n with a remote.. I lost the remote. Now I can't turn on the light and fan.. I purchaced a universal one and it don't work.. How do I get anither remote.. Or how do I get the light and fan to work with out the remote control

Ceiling fan w/lights & remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a sun room that will have a ceiling fan with lights. I want to turn the lights on and off from 3 different locations (4-way switching). I also want to control the lights from a remote control. Does anyone offer a remote that will control the fan speeds, light dimming and also...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search