Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMGonzal56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
    The outlets on the master room bathroom and the bathroom on the 2nd floor has no pwr
    The outlets on the master room bathroom and the bathroom on the 2nd floor has no pwr. This was verified with the use of a light indicator probes by checking the power on the outlets screws. The breakers were checked the same way, however there is power going to the breakers. One outlet that has the test/reset push buttons in the guest bathroom checked okay. There is one light switch in the bathroom upstairs that turn on/off a extractor fan that does not work, however there is power on the wires. I replaced the switch anyway. Nevertheless, Does the defective extractor would creates a open circuit. Please advise.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 07:58 PM
    The fan itself wouln't create a problem within a circuit... it either works or does not. You have power to the GFCI, but does this outlet work? You can have power on the wires without having a complete circuit... that is an open neutral situation. Inspection is probably the only way you will find this issue. Remove every cover and check the wiring for power. Then turn off the power to to the switch, receptacle and pull it out and physically look for a loose wire or one that is burned or disconnected. Troubleshooting is the most difficult part in finding the problem. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Bathroom on 2nd Floor [ 3 Answers ]

We want to install a bathroom on our 2nd floor. Our house is built on a slab and we have a septic system. The bathroom we want to install would be directly over a 1/2 bath on the 1st floor. Is it possible for these two toilets to share the plumbing that goes out to the septic tank? Can you just...

Installing 2nd floor bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on installing a 2nd floor bathroom in my house. The bathroom will be next to the water heater (though I may replace the 50gal with a instant demand heater) so water in to the bathroom is no problem. My problem is a drain for the sink, shower and toilet. The bathroom will be about 6'...

2nd floor bathroom leaked [ 1 Answers ]

I live on the 2nd floor apartment. We moved here about 4 months ago. About 3 weeks ago my children were taking a bath in the tub. My down stairs neighbor came to back door and said that here ceiling was leaking. When I went down stairs to check the ceiling was drenched with water. Now my...

2nd floor bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to add a 2nd floor bathroom. I have a 4" DWV from roof to first floor bath. The whole house is on a slab. Needed to know if I can tie into the 4" pipe for the toilet,sink and shower on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor toilet is right above the first floor toilet. I here stories that when I...

2nd Floor Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new Shower/Sink in a 2nd floor bathroom. I am not familiar with plumbing code (I am more of a fixitup guy) and wanted to know if the plumbing that existed when I tore up the floor is to code, and if my new layout will create problems. Would it be easiest to take pictures and post...

View more questions Search