Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gherryt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Furnace goes through normal start-up. Induced runs, Flame comes on, but no main blower
    I have a nordyne furnace running on propane. It is about 15 months old. Furnace goes through normal start-up. Inducer fan runs, approximately 30 seconds later the flame comes on, main blower never comes on. Flame turns off. About 30 secs after flame is off, main blower comes on and stays on until I reset the inducer pressure switch. Any ideas?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Sounds like the flame is turning off to soon for furnace to reach temp. needed for blower to come on,, do you have a meter to check for power going to the blower motor?, does the furnace have a flame senser ? It may need cleaning,with steel wool or fine sandpaper
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 07:08 PM

Does your furnace have trouble shooting LED light that emits a code signal.

MY thought is that you limit switch may be opening and turning off the burner and the heat in the furnace keeps rising until the inducer pressure switch clicks open, causing you to have to reset it.

So maybe you need a new limit switch or at least one with a higher limit.

Let me know what you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower runs continuous, Status led flashes 5 times, false flame detected [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GPM075-4, the blower stays on all the time. The status led flashes 5 times, TS guide inside panel says "false flame detected", "stuck gas valve". Is there a way to bypass or verify this state?

Is it normal for furnace flame to go on and off during heating cycle? [ 2 Answers ]

When my gas furnace goes on, the flame will be on for twenty seconds then turns off for about 5 seconds. The flame then reignites and repeats this cycle until the heat kicks off. The blower is running the whole time, just the flame turns off and on until temp. reaches desired thermostat temp. Is...

Furnace blower will not stop after flame goes out on gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace blower will not stop after flame goes out on a gas furnace

Furnace Blower Motor Runs Constantly & Furnace or AC Won't Run [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong forced air (induced draft) natural gas furnace with central AC (made around 1990 -- Model: EG6H80DC14-1, Serial: A18315MNA). I had a problem at the end of the heating season where the blower motor would run continuously (even when the thermostat is turned to "off"). I thought...

Noisy induced draft furnace blower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is the first time I am using this site. Earlier today, I noticed a strange noise from my forced air furnace. I believe it is from the induced draft blower motor due to a bad bearing. I have to admit the noise is not as loud as earlier, and I have not done anything to...

View more questions Search