Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meechie519 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
    How do I go by finding an insurance policy that is in my mother's name?
    My grandmother passed away some years back and she hada policy in my mother's name, but to a problem she is having with a sibling she does not have the actual policy or policy number. Is there another way that she can find this policy without having the actual policy number?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 17, 2010, 10:44 AM

Can she call the company and explain the situation?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 01:02 PM

Are you talking about life insurance?
    What do you mean she had it in your mother's name? Was your mother a designated beneficiary of the policy or was the policy covering your mother?

I'm sorry, but please clarify your question with more details so I can help you. Also, I'm not sure who you're referring to each time you use "she"- grandmother, mom, or the sibling?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 07:10 PM

You will have to know what company it was from.

You go though all of their personal papers, track checking accounts, track all the mail they receive over the next year after death

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding Insurance Carrier by policy number [ 7 Answers ]

I had a beligerent person back into me and they were not cooperative in providing information. I got them to show me the insurance card and I got the policy number and person's name, but not the carrier name... Is There any way to find the company name from the policy number?

Finding a insurance name by policy number [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I would like to find a auto insurance company name and phone number using just the policy number from the insurance. Because I had an accident and the poile woman gave me some wrong information.

Finding mother's maiden name [ 1 Answers ]

How can I learn my mother's maiden name without any real information on her background?

Insurance Policy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem right now and hoping that someone could help me. My father was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last year and he finally passed on August 21st of this year. Here is my dilema. My sister claims that my father had a policy from this one company but when we tried to get them to pay...

Life insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

I am new Life Insurance Agent, how I will find out potential person who is intersted to take insurance policy.

View more questions Search