Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Parenting plan NOT followed
    Make a long story short. My husbands son live w mother in diff state and we just finished a custody battle. She won which seems crazy. CPS was involved with the mother and step father abusing child. HAve multiple doc proving this. She got custody "supposably" cause they think child should stay w mother. We just finalized a parenting plan. In it it states there will be NO corpral punishment. We just found out he has been spanked. What should we do? She knows she was not to do this. And did anyway. Child has been acting up A lot.

Should we take her back to court? Could she get into trouble?
    ddtmku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 02:22 AM
    Of course youshould since she has declined to follow the parenting plan
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiannahunt View Post
    should we take her back to court?
    Yes
    could she get into trouble?
    Probably not.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
    make a long story short. My husbands son live w mother in diff state and we just finished a custody battle. She won which seems crazy. CPS was involved with the mother and step father abusing child. HAve multiple doc proving this. she got custody "supposably" cause they think child should stay w mother. We just finalized a parenting plan. In it it states there will be NO corpral punishment. We just found out he has been spanked. What should we do? She knows she was not to do this. and did anyway. Child has been acting up ALOT.

should we take her back to court? could she get into trouble?
    First of all, I don't know what seems so "crazy" about the primary parent maintaining primary physical custody of the child. I know last year sometime you said you were fighting for custody but I didn't really go through all the threads and read the reasons you were doing so.

CPS is, in my opinion, not worth their weight in salt. I've seen them take children out of safe homes and leave abused/neglected children right where they're at. What documents do you have that proved the child was being abused?

Aside from the abuse allegations, is there a reason your husband objects to spanking or is it merely personal preference? Yes, you can take it back to court if you want but it's not going to be very beneficial - the judge will tell her, "Don't do it anymore," and she'll say "Okay." Then you'll be dismissed. How did you learn that the child was spanked?

Also, you previously asked a question about possibly taking the child in for therapy - has this been done?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan to move oversea, best plan of attack? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 33 and plan to move to Hong Kong next March, most likely permanently. I have about $40K in Roth and $170K in 401K, live in MA, also own an apartment that I want to sell but that can wait, valued at about $200K. What's the best plan to withdraw these fund with the least amount of penalty?...

Without a parenting plan in place, what rights does a father have? [ 4 Answers ]

There is currently not a parenting plan in place but child support was established through the courts. My child's mother recently went to rehab for drugs and alcohol addiction. As a result of this, my child was taken to the grandmothers house instead of allowing me as the father to take care of...

Parenting plan/ childy custody issue? [ 35 Answers ]

Situation is my stbxw had an affair and moved out 6 months ago. She has been taking the kids every other weekend for the most part since. Now she has talked to someonne who has informed her that she needs to go for 60/40 custody to keep CS lower ( me having 60%). She will only agree now to taking...

Temp parenting plan, and mother may not be following it [ 5 Answers ]

So we are fighting for custody of my husbands son. So far we just have a temp parenting plan, until a GAL sort of investigates, what's best for the child. We get a week out of the month to visit the child, and we have phone rights. For over a week she has blocked us or shut her phone off so we...

How do I change custody and parenting plan? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old daughter. I am married to a us army soldier. He has orders to be stationed in Texas. My daughters father is saying he will not allow me to take her with me. We share joint custody, and a stupid parenting plan I didn't want to agree to, but was threatened into it. Is it posible to...

View more questions Search