Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zphanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor
    Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2010, 05:46 PM

You just installed this compressor? How is the start capacitor? Did you plug in the crankcase heater and let it warm up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier heat pump, outdoor unit fan will not rotate and hum comes from compressor(?). [ 5 Answers ]

HI, This relates to the outside carrier heat pump unit. Symptoms are: the unit is receiving the signal to turn on from the inside thermostat. The contactor clicks closed (audible). There is a humming sound. I think in is the compressor. The large fan on the outside unit does not rotate. I...

Goodman cpl t30-1a heat pump, heat not working/no compressor or fan operation [ 5 Answers ]

The thermostat is operating/clicks on when desired temperature is more that the actual, but no action at the compressor or fan. We even switch thermostats from other unit in house and both operate the other unit correctly.

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

Outdoor AC compressor fan seams to have seized. [ 2 Answers ]

It seams that my outdoor AC compressor fan may have seized. I had recently removed to top cover to remove the rust & repaint it. I believe when my husband and I put the fan back into place that we neglected to make sure all of the wiring components were safely out of the way. I have this approx. 3...

Heat Pump compressor fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1000 heat pump manuf. In 2002. Yesterday, the A/C started having a problem, I checked the units inside and out and found the compressor fan not operating. The outside unit was hot and louder than usual. I turned it off overnight and this morning turned it on to find the fan...

View more questions Search