Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilhaney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 01:29 PM
    Are you taxed on inheritance of IRA's and CD's if you cash them out
    Are you taxed on inheritance of IRA's and CD's in Ca or buy the feds if you cash them out
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 02:31 PM

There is no inheritance tax in CA so when you inherit the IRA there is no tax due. However, over time as you make withdrawals from the inherited IRA you pay ordinary income tax on the them (unless it's a Roth).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD's are listed as and/or ownership. Can either named person cash in the CD's ? [ 1 Answers ]

CD's are in the name of Mother, daughter and son. They are listed mother, daughter and/or son. Mother is deceased, can either daughter or son remove monies?

Inheritance of Cash [ 1 Answers ]

If you receive a cash inheritance from a deceased relative with a foreign bank account, when you are named the beneficiary of the account by that countries court system, will the monies received be taxable? :confused:

Cash inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

My two children inherited $30,000 from my fathers estate. I am wanting to know if it is taxable income since I have called the IRS and tax preparers and gotten confilicting information.:confused:

Inheritance money will I be taxed for living in another state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I recently inherited some money from a home which my mother sold as part of our inheritance (4) children. The problem is that the property is located in Puerto rico and my mother has just informed me that her lawyer said we will not be able to claim the money until this coming year tax return ...

Inheritance taxed offshore? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Calif. US resident with UK citizenship. I'm inheriting $20k in the UK. Will it be taxed if I deposit it here in CA? If so, will it be taxed if I keep it in the UK or elsewhere offshore? Looking for best way to manage funds.

View more questions Search