Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babaloni123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Graduating from high school on time?
    Hello.

I am a senior in high school, and I have been homeschooled all my life.

I lived in California up until January of 2010, but we suddenly had to relocate, because of immediate family circumstances. I now live in Georgia.

I am 7 credits away from graduating high school, but now that our family moved, I might not be able to graduate on time.

I was told that Georgia graduation requirements are different from that of Californias, and I would need to take 2 more years of science, and 1 year each of math, english and world history.

I do not find this to be fair, seeing as I am so close to graduating, and this would delay my plan of going to Pepperdine University in the fall.

What do I do?

Do I have no choice but to delay my graduation? I would be 19 by that time..

This does not seem fair.

Is there some way that I can graduate according to California's requirements, since I am still an out-of-state resident in Georgia?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you so much.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 11:27 PM

One option would be to take a GED exam. Another, since you are home schooling, would be to really hit the books and take on more and graduate in August - take the extra classes in summer. Or, find a way to go back to California for a couple months just to graduate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I need to know the nam of this song emerg its off high school high [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this song isn't on the soundtrack I went through all of them. The song starts when there about to do the chicky run. If you know it please tell me

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Can a school stop one from graduating because of truancy and turning in work late? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm truant in school and I don't turn work in until the last minute. The counselor said that I can't graduate because I never go to school and do work. Therefore, they won't accept and grade the work to give me credit. Long story short, I can't graduate. Is there any laws that can counter this...

People say that high school is the best time in your life pshhhh. [ 1 Answers ]

Right now, it has been the most stressful. Here is my schedule English 3 H Physics Anatomy AP French AP US Pre-Cal The thing is, is that only one of my teachers believes that we have lives outside of school, so on average I have about 3 hours of homework a night, with about 4 quizzes a...

View more questions Search