Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirlpax Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 16, 2010, 04:55 AM
    Bowel movements
    I never seem to have a good bowel movement, but about every 3-4 weeks. My stomach starts cramping horribly and I have a really large bowel movement that ends in very loose stool. For about a day afterward, I'll have occasional cramping with loose stools. This seems to be some sort of cycle. Any experts out there who might know what causes this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 05:11 AM

Are you stating that you only have a bowel movement every 3 to 4 weeks, or only have this particular symptom every 3 to 4 weeks? It really isn't necessary to eliminate every day as usually believed. So some get upset and think there is something wrong if they don't eliminate every morning, or so. 4 or 5 times a week should be normal.

Consistency of stool should be like a cow flap, if you have ever seen cow feces in a field.

If you are only going every 3 to 4 weeks then I would seriously think of visiting your doctor for a proctology referral.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 05:13 AM
    Is this new for you or have you always been like this? How old are you? Are you on any medications?

Mar 17, 2010, 11:59 AM
    I'm 61 and have had digestive problems since my teens. They've just continued to get worse over the years. The current problem has been going on for 6-7 months.

Mar 17, 2010, 12:03 PM

I have a BM daily, though I have to strain to get it started. I eat activia with xtra fiber daily to try to keep things moving.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Have you tried MiraLax?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to the bathroom there is significant amounts of blood in and around my poop and in the toilet. After I go I have severe pain from my anal to my crouch and it last 24 hours

PINK Bowel Movements [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please explain to me what they think this is... the past 3 or 4 times I have used the restroom, its getting more and more pink eachtime... Like almost red now.. I'm getting worried cause I have been taking stool softeners and atibotics perscribed by a doctor for the past week......

Bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat meows loud prior to bowl movement - sometimes there is little blood What would be first step to remedy. Stool appears normal.:confused:

Loose bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 15 yrs old and has had loose bowel movements for the last 4 days. I have tried to give rice, immodium and other stuff. Nothing works What can I do?

Weird bowel movements [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been having weird stomach problems and I am not sure what to do. My stomach makes weird sounds that sound like farts, or sometimes a popping noise. I don't know what it is. When the bowel comes, it is all watery and muddy. It is not hard, it is more like a soup. Im a little worried...

View more questions Search