Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyexyayx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 01:08 AM
    I need a bra
    I'm only 11 and I really really need a bra my boobs are really big and you can see them through my school jumper and all my friends say I really need one to but I don't know how to ask my dad for one I don't even have a crop top
    Someone help me
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2010, 01:10 AM

You can go to a store yourself and get one. There is no need to involve your father.

However, although it may be awkward to talk to your father about this it would be easiest to start now as at your age you have a few of these mandatory awkward conversations to have. This one can be avoided if wish while others may not be so easy!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2010, 01:40 AM

I'm assuming your mother must not be in the picture since you only mentioned your father. Do you have an aunt or older sister or cousin you can talk to? Or even a friends mother? My mom took me bra shopping. It wasn't embarrassing. But I hated shopping with her in general. So even though I could have continued shopping with her, it turned out to be a much more pleasant shopping trip if I went with my cousins and aunts, and later friends.

I suggest starting at a department store for your first bra. I see bras in places like forever 21, but those aren't quality bras and the sales associates never seem to know much of anything about any of the clothing. But if you go someplace like macys or nordstroms, they usually have a much more knowledgeable staff that can help you make sure you find the perfect bra(s) for you. And it's probably best to start with a neutral, skin toned bra. That way it won't show through your shirts. My hot pink bra turned out to be not such a great idea... :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2010, 04:06 AM

Believe me, your dad will probably feel just as embarrassed about it. But I agree with Neverme, you will have to be dealing with him on feminine issues for the next few years. So, unless you have a close female relative (and I mean close in distance, not relationship) or the mother of a friend or even a teacher who will pitch in and help, you will have to talk to him. If you do, don't say to him "my boobs are really big". Rather say to him; "Dad, I'm 11 years old and my body is starting to change. One of the first parts of those changes is I need to get some female underwear. When can we go shopping?"

Mar 16, 2010, 01:29 PM
    I need a bra
    I'm 12 I really need a bra my breasts arnt flat there like 40 % round and I was so close to getting one because I was in the shop with my aunt and we walked past the bra section and she asked me if I wanted one but I said no
    What's WRONG WITH ME??

Mar 16, 2010, 03:37 PM

Well first, is today your birthday? Because you were 11 this morning and 12 hours later you are 12.

There is nothing wrong with you (except not knowing how old you are). Its normal for a young girl going through puberty, to be embarrassed about it. But it seems you have an aunt who cares for you. So go back to her and apologize for being embarrassed and ask her to take you shopping again.

Mar 17, 2010, 01:24 AM

No I was 12 in October
    I put 11 by accident
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 17, 2010, 02:51 AM

if you're not sure what size you need, you can go somewhere like victoria's secret and get sized. All they do is take a couple measurements over your shirt, so don't wear one that's too baggy.

right now, you need bras you can grow into. Look for soft bras, not underwire. A sports bra, or two, may be perfect for you. They're comfortable, will stretch with your body as you grow, and won't be overly visible under your shirts.

if your light-skinned, then a tan or white bra would be best for you. If you're dark-skinned, then a black or brown bra would be best. You want one that will be less visible against your skin under your shirts.

can you call your aunt and ask to go shopping with her again? Or maybe got with a close friend and her mom and make a girl's day out of it?

even though you are going to have to talk to your dad about bras, and a lot more embarrassing stuff, he probably wouldn't know where to begin for bra shopping.besides, he's going to notice you're wearing bras when he finds them in the laundry ^_^

Mar 17, 2010, 04:02 AM

Thinking about this, I bet your aunt planned the shopping trip. I bet she has noticed your development and steered you past the bra section so she could casually suggest getting you one. I would not be surprised if she did this after talking to your dad. So take her up on the offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

Bra or no bra [ 18 Answers ]

What to you wear under a low cut drape dress? I was thinking of the self adhesive tape bra. But that really doesn't do anything. Any other suggestions. Will no bra look trashy?

I need a bra? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so I really think I need a bra I'm nine and my breasts aren't flat they're like 30% round and when I wear stretchy shirts my nipples show a lot. I asked my mom for one but she said I don't need one I've gotton to the point to where I'm begging her, She said she'll look in the summer and see if...

Feminist Bra [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a bra that has the woman symbol on it. I cannot find one for the life of me!

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search