Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pbs.6969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Internet explorer crashes when I open it
    Every time I try to open Internet Explorer 8 it it says " Internet Explorer has stopped working, Windows will try to find a solution." It closes the program and does not give me a solution. I thought about uninstalling it , but it doesn't give me the option to. It has a couple of folders #1- En-US #2 - Plug Ins #3- Sign up --- I looked under all the folders and nothing about Uninstall- Please help me, this is getting frustrating.
    Thank you much, Phillip
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Mar 16, 2010, 03:19 PM

Hi Phillip,

Check out the following:

Internet Explorer 8 says that " Internet Explorer has stopped working and trying to find a solution" whenever I close a window or a tab.
    pbs.6969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 06:19 PM
    Thank yo so much, followed the 1st set of instructions and reset the stuff required. B-4 I did that though , IE came on with the add-ons disabled. Then I did what you said and it opened and said Congratulations you've just upgrade to IE 7 Optimized for Google. I thought I had IE 8, but I think this will be perfect! Thanks again for your response and help! Phillip
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Mar 19, 2010, 07:22 PM

To find out what version of IE or practically any other program all you have to do is click Help, then About.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My internet explorer does not open. [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed norton 360, my internet explorer does not open. Also, when I try to change settings on my control panel and close it, it freezes. When I log into the computer, my windows live messenger works fine, but if I try to search something under the today window of msn, it takes me nowhere.

Internet Explorer will not open [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Could you please help me to get my Internet Explorer page to open? It says "Windows cannot find'(null)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I've tried everything I know.

Can't open internet explorer [ 25 Answers ]

I haven't been able to open IE for about a month. When this happened before I reinstalled it and it was fine until it happened again. But now I've reinstalled it several times with no luck. I have Windows XP SP3, Home Edition 2002 and reinstalled IE 8 beta. I tried to downgrade but it won't do...

Internet explorer crashes [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me with this problem I have been looking for a solution for awhile now.OK when I boot up my :) computer everything loads fine but when I go to click on anything (start,my computer etc... ) iexplorer crashes I think it is a virus of some kind but I really don't know I would...

Can't open my Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

Something happened to my PC a few days ago... now I can't open my internet explorer and everything that uses IE like My computer, Windows explorer etc etc... would not open and they crash my computer... There is a small box that pops up occasionally that says that there is a problem with internet...

View more questions Search