Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teej59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 03:17 PM
    Replaced Delta Ball Control, now there is no hot water.
    We replaced a delta ball control valve(and the springs and washers) the knob is very stiff, and when you turn it to full hot, there is no hot water.. only cold.. :eek: just what I needed to wake me up after the time change.. but not really what I wanted.
    We also replaced the one in the kitchen, now it's Hot.. but it feels like it's mixed hot and cold even when on full hot.. you can feel the temperature fluctuate.
    Any idea what went wrong?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Hi Teej:

I suspect that you might have put the ball control upside down. Disassemble the unit, flip the ball control upside down and then reassemble the unit. You'll want to double check the springs/washers while you have all open... ;)

Let us know what you find...

Mark
    Attached Images

letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 07:32 PM

Did you use a ball like the one that Massplumber showed you or did you use one that had a diamond shape stem for the handle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in toilet tank won't refill after I replaced ball and cock [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced the ball and cock mechinism in my toilet tank with the new "modern" Korky quiet fill valve and flapper. Everything works fine except the water does not refill in the tank unless I manually move the fill valve after flushing. Is there something I should be checking in order to have...

I have a Delta ball type faucet and it has cold water but no hot water. [ 8 Answers ]

No hot water on my delta ball type faucet. Cold water works fine. What do you suggest

Replaced hot water heater but still have no hot water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I had a "dip tube" problem with my hot water heater so I had it replaced. Well, now I have a hot water heater with a good dip tube, but I still don't have hot water pressure in my bathroom, and at a couple sinks as well. How can I flush out my hot water pipes, to remove all the decay (pvc pipe...

No water from ball faucet.just replaced parts! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all! I am at my wit's end. For the past year my kitchen ball Peerless faucet has had issues. It started with having to manipulate the handle several different ways to get the water to flow. Jerk it, slam it , etc. That finally no longer worked but it had a steady drip. Sometimes after trying...

Delta Shower Water control [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a new shower installed. It uses Delta rotary control from cold to hot.. Leaving it on HOT does not give burning HOT water.. Is thare some kind of a lock that limits how much hot water is supplied to the shower? My other shower(old) gives burning hot water in the HOT position - this...

View more questions Search