hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 15, 2010, 02:31 PM
    A day without shoes
    Go Barefoot for TOMS Annual Day Without Shoes April 8 (Video) : TreeHugger
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 15, 2010, 02:36 PM
    Other than the fact I must wear steel toe caps to work, I normally don't waer shoes, or socks, at all.
    Got Hobbitesque feet ;)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 03:19 PM

I'll go bare foot on the beach . But it won't be in April.

I have to concede I have been reading up on the Tarahumara of Mexico and their ability to run marathon distances and more barefoot or in flimsy sandals through one of the most inhospitable places for it in the world ;the Copper Canyon in the Sierra Madre Occidental . ( read Chris McDougall 'Born to Run' for more detail) .
    What I get from it is that the using of shoes has distorted the way humans walk. Where the impact should be on the sturdy ball of the foot. Humans because of their shoes have adapted to putting the strain on the heal and the plantar . But McDougall has me convinced that there is a better way.
    YouTube - Christopher McDougall on why he was BORN TO RUN
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 15, 2010, 03:39 PM

I've always run on the balls of my feet. I don't know why, it's just always seemed more natural and easier on my body. I can also run faster that way, and it gives me better control if I need to stop or turn suddenly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had my period for 5 days stopped for a day light bleeding next day could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I was 3 days late for my . An then when it started it was heavy during the day then very light or nothing at all at night and only lasted 5 days, on the sixth day I didn't have any bleeding at all, the next morning my boyfriend and I had normal, nothing different protected sex like we usually do...

2003 philips PROJECTION TV worked one day then the next day it works but no picture? [ 1 Answers ]

My television was working fine one day, then we turned it on again it has power, but there is no screen or sound. Where you turn it on at on the front of the TV, the red flashes then you can't turn it off, you have to unplug it to cut it off.

30 day notice due on day of rent per agreement-binding? [ 3 Answers ]

Live in San Francisco. Gave manager of building a 30 day notice to vacate. Put in managers mail box. Landlord says manager received our notice 2 days after rent due date. Lanlord says because agreement states notice to vacate must be due on rent due date,thus unaacceptable and they are charging...

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

Standing All Day - Need Better Shoes [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a new job that requires standing and running around (helping customers) all day. I need a better shoe than my Sketchers as at the end of the day.. my legs are hurting. Would like some suggestions on what shoes to look into. Thanks in advance.. JonB

View more questions Search