Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Furnace shuts off after a few seconds
    My furnace will lite for few seconds then shuts off. How do I trouble shoot this. I have a rheem model # rgpn
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Clean the flame sensor, it is a small ell shaped rod in front of the far left burner, some crumpled up aluminum foil works good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old...

Furnace cycle last only about 30 seconds [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Coleman 7680 gas furnace that will only run for about 30 seconds at a time. When we first turned it on this year we noticed that the air blowing out was not very warm. Then noticed the cycles. Tried replacing the thermostat but it still only runs for maybe 30 seconds at a time. We live...

A/C shuts off after a few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, our A/C shut off and would not come back on. It shows on the digital thermostat that the fan is blowing cool (two different icons that appear and move) but the unit is NOT on. After leaving it off for the afternoon, my husband was able to turn it back on, but this lasted 30 seconds...

Power for 2 seconds before shutting down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I've got a problem with my PC and I was wondering if some people wouldn't mind taking some stabs at what they think it could be. I brought a nice case for my PC the other day and transferred everything over along with adding some more RAM and a new HD. I got everything up and running...

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

View more questions Search