Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayfarindebt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
    HELP! Answers to interrogaties, production of documents & request for admissions
    Help, back in Oct 09 I was served a summons for a past due credit card. This credit card has gone through about 2-3 different collectors until this one decided to file a lawsuit. So I answered the summons with I do not admit/nor deny the charges on every line of the summons. I requested at the end of the document for the creditor provide me with validation of the debt within 30 days. Within 5 days after the lawyer picked up the certified mail of my answers to the summons, I receive a request for 50% settlement. I waited for the debt validation because I don't even know they have the right to collect on this debt after it has gone through 2-3 different companies. So Friday, I get a huge letter, and I was thinking it was my verification. NOPE -- they want answers to interrogaties, production of documents and request for admissions. Now what do I do, I have no idea how to answer these, nor do I want to give them any information to help their case against me. So I need to send a follow up letter in regard to not receiving validation, and send copies to the court? Please, I have no money, and no way to pay a lawyer let alone adequately pay food for my kids. I am desperate, and we make just a little too much to get free advice from the state. The SOL are not up so I can't use this against them. I live in Utah if anyone can please help me.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 03:10 PM

If you sent the original of your request for the creditor to provide you with proof of claim to the Clerk's Office and a copy to the attorney, you need to set that down for a hearing so the Judge can order them to produce their documents to you.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 04:07 PM
    THis is the answer for the interrogaties that I would use, " I cannot admit or deny the alleged debt until you provide validication as requested on this date of _________.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Collection lawsuit Request for Admissions [ 2 Answers ]

I am new to this site and hope someone can help. I was recently married and before my husband and I married we consolidated all of our finances, ran credit reports, and cleared all debts that were old so that everything was current before we went into our marriage. My husband started receiving...

Sued, they want reuest for admissions, interrogatories, production of documents [ 19 Answers ]

Mr.yet, if you're out there, please help!! Okay here is my situation. I live in KY. In 2002 I got in over my head in debt, (was 21 at the time) and defaulted on a couple of credit cards. I split with my husband as well, contributing to my lack of funds, and I moved back in with my mother. I know...

What do I do about plaintiff's request for admissions? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about request for admissions and disclosure. There are 23 statements such as "Defendant expected to repay all obligations incurred through the use of the Account". I was told by lawer at initial consultation that I need to respond admit or deny. How would I respond to a statement...

View more questions Search