Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NEWHANDYMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Nec-covering of ground wire from the ground rod to the water pipecables
    I installed a new service meter panel and ground rod. The ground rod is connected to the meter panel via a #4 copper wire to a water pipe located 10 feet away. Is is allowable to bury the #4 wire between the ground rod and water pipe to keep it from being a trip hazard and protect the wire?

Thanks
    NEWHANDYMAN
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Is is fine to bury it 12 inches and eliminate the tripping hazard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use a ground wire for a ground and live black or hot wire at the same time? [ 8 Answers ]

I only have 3 wires from my ceiling to connect to my fan/light, the black, white and bare ground. No problems setting up in this room to only one switch but I would like to have the duel fan/light switch in like in my other rooms without having to pull a wire from the ceiling down to the switch,...

Ground rod wire is not connected to the ground rod [ 1 Answers ]

My inspection report for a property that I'm looking to purchase said that my " ground rod wire is not connected to the ground rod". I have no idea what something this would cost to fix. He also said that the ground rod clamp was rotten. Am I looking at thousands in repairs?

Ground rod instead of ground wire? [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to install an RV outlet (120v, 30amp) in our parking area. Unfortunately, I only have two wires available to that location and adding a third wire would be quite difficult. Can I use the two available wires for hot and neutral and drive in a grounding rod next to the outlet for the...

Ground Rod / ground wire [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a 100 amp subpanel in my workshop 125' away from my house. I have two ground rods in the ground by the shop, and was wondering if it was necessary to run 4 wires from the house to the shop (two hots, one neutral, one ground), or could I just run the three wires from the...

Sub-Panel Ground, Wire or Rod [ 9 Answers ]

I running a 70 amp sub-panel to a shop that does have telephone connections to the main house. I know that I need to isolate the ground from the neutral at the sub-panel. I am planning on running 3, #4 wires to the sub-panel and I also have an 8' ground rod, which I will connect as well. My...

View more questions Search