Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Mar 14, 2010, 11:48 PM
    It's time for prom dresses again.
    I am white female, 5'7, 120 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, darker complection, but not too dark, I have a smaller bust and hips, very long legs and a shorter torso.

I am looking for a prom dress to fit my style, which is modest and a tad classical, (ie. I love the older looking laces and high cut v-necks) I'm thinking of wearing a floor length or knee length dress but I'm not sure what style, size, or color would look good on me. Any advice?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 12:11 AM

Eek! There's so many dresses out its impossible to say without seeing them. Best to start shopping now and try a bunch on before deciding. Avoid the major chain stores. Nothing worse than showing up and seeing 10 other girls in your dress. I actually looked at clearance racks and my cousins hand me downs for mine. Thrift shops really aren't actually a bad idea. They're cheaper, and the chances of anyone having the same dress are much slimmer
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 09:38 AM

I think I tried on over 100 dresses for my year 12 formal before finding the perfect one... I had a budget of $200 and I ended up finding my dress in a 'last seasons' section for $30!
    It had a high neckline but was backless with criss crossed straps, powder blue.
    Picture this with a high front:
    NWT Mary L. Couture Backless Prom Evening Gown 2-6 910 - eBay (item 220570798851 end time Mar-19-10 20:57:44 PDT)

Mar 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

Ok.. thanks you guys! I'll start searching ASAP
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

I hope we'll get to see pics! :)

Mar 17, 2010, 07:32 PM

Ok.. so I've narrowed it down to two dresses. One is navy blue and one is purple and pink. Any ideas?
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 11:26 PM

Which one fits better? And is easier to find shoes and purse to go with?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 11:43 PM

I think the navy blue is more classic, but I'd have to see pictures. :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 06:43 AM

I've always been partial to purple. It looks good on almost anyone, and simple balck shoes would match nicely.

Mar 19, 2010, 11:59 PM

While we're talking about prom, any hair style suggestions or websites with good pictures. I don't want all of my hair pinned up, but that's all I know for sure. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 12:42 AM

I always loved curls. But I'm cheap. So instead of just going to a salon and getting it done, my then best friend spent a good two hours and one entire can of hair spray curling my hair. It came out great and my hair was still curled when I woke up the next morning (and it took about 3 times shampooing it to get all the hairspray out). If I were going to do it all over, I'd go for half up, the rest curled. It stays out of your face but still looks pretty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridesmaid dresses [ 7 Answers ]

Who buys the bridesmaid dresses... I'm getting married in oct. and I'm clueless as to who pays for what. Do I buy them or do they buy them? I have never even been to a wedding. I'm trying not to stress but there is a lot to do lol... and who pays for the honeymoon... me or my dad?

Prom Dresses [ 9 Answers ]

To sum this up, What do you think is appropriate attire to wear to the Prom for a girl?

Eighth grade dresses [ 4 Answers ]

Were should I get my eighth grade dress from?

Elegant dresses [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some help. I've been given a place in a regional heat to find the next miss england, I was just wondering if any one knew of a good shop in the uk selling dresses or of any body knows of any good designers, I'm looking for something very classy for this occasion. If any one could...

Wedding Dresses Made? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how I could go about getting a wedding dress made, and whether you would know the ball park of the cost. I also would like links if you could or a name or something that would help me out. I am trying to renew my vows in 2011 and I know that it takes time, so that is why I am asking...

View more questions Search