Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeansdolls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Cannot open AOL from shortcut Nothing happens when I doubleclick on the AOL icon
    I cannot open AOL from the desktop Icom. It worked earlier today but now nothing happens, I recently installed AOL 10.1 because 9.0 was having problems. My addressbook now has old addresses I changed to the correct ones months ago. I cannot access my sent mail. Mail takes a long time to send
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 05:37 AM

Though I prefer not using AOL at all (seems to take up too many resources), I would try the shortcut in your Start Menu.

If that one works, then you can right click on it, and choose "Send to->Desktop (Create Shortcut)"

Otherwise, navigate to where it is on your hard drive. For example, go to C:\Program Files\AOL It should be somewhere around that area. You can find the main .exe file in there, and do the same procedure as above.
    AZ66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 08:10 PM
    Right click the AOL icon and click on tab 'Properties' to see if you're listed in 'Permissions' and 'Owner'. With the new security with Windows 7 the desktop isn't like it used to be when all Users could open everything. (check this for other programs that won't open on the desktop... or won't open at all).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AOL connectivity &aol one-click fix [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to re- install "aol connectivity& aol one-click fix"?

Cannot open AOL from shortcut [ 1 Answers ]

after I click on my AOL shortcut, I get a message with 'TITLE' at the top and 'TOPIC' in the body. I 'x' it down and still AOL does not come up. I also 'right click' on the AOL shortcut icon and it still does not open. Thanks for the assist.

AOL 9.0 Download will not open [ 1 Answers ]

When I downloaded AOL 9.0 to my PC running Vista I get the message that download was successful and I am asked to permit the installation of software required to start the program. I click yes and am then asked to restart the computer, which I do. I then try to start AOL and get the same message...

View more questions Search