Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hisqueen10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Need someone to ask about a rape
    A girl said she was raped at the age of 11 and the boy was 19 at the time it supposably happened 2-3yrs ago.. but she never said a damn thing to no one and never once acted scared of the guy. In fact she was still hanging out with him going places. She never went to the hospital either. What's going to happen?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 06:21 PM

He will most likely be questioned, she will be questioned on her statement to the police
    ** assuming she has now just told the police ?

They will present all of their evidence to the DA ( here it varies by state) but may go to a grand jury to see if they feel there is enough evidence to indict.

Even if she agreed to have sex, ( no force) at her age it is still rape, so if he was merely having sex, most likely he will be arrested.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 07:47 PM

Depending on the State they live in the age difference could be very important in how much punishment he wilol get if he is found guilty.

Mar 14, 2010, 08:28 PM

It never happened though.. the girl has major problems and isn't right in the head she definitely has some issues.. and there's no proof no kit was ever done and she's just now saying it happened. She still hung out with him and there's pictures of them together. Their family and hang out together and everything. Don't you think if you were raped you would be scared to be around the person not trying to hang out with them?
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 08:33 PM

Yes, at early ages, it is not uncommon to confuse sex with caring and even blame yourself, and the relationship can move from fear to a form of something else, they confuse with love.

The thing is that there will be almost no evidence, normally not enough to go to court, but some courts do try,

So while all of this is reasonable as to showing it did not happen, it does not mean for sure it did not.

The fact they "hung around' is from the other side proof they could have been having sex.

And at that age, rape is just having sex even if she agreed, any form of sex with a girl that age is considered rape.

Mar 14, 2010, 08:37 PM

So how do we prove he didn't do it.. its important that he doesn't get found gilty because she wants to ruin peoples lives and not care.
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 08:44 PM

You can't prove something did not happen, and hard to prove where you were on some date 3 years ago, even if she has a specific date listed.

You will have to wait and see if she does first file a police report and then see if they come to question you.

1. don't answer or say anything to police or DA without an attorney, first thing
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 09:09 PM

They COULD have been having sex. He COULD have confused her. He COULD have denied her recently and she decided to come out with it.

OR

She COULD be lying because she want's something that she can't have or needs attention. There's really no way to know for sure, but what was a 19-year-old man hanging out with an 11-year-old girl in the first place?
    If they only hung around each-other when they were with family, he probably thinks of her as a little sister.

It could be any number of things, but I agree with Chuck when he says Don't say anything without an attourney.
    And everything else he said.

Mar 14, 2010, 10:49 PM

They are just family and he looks at her like a sister.. she has issues herself and I think that's all it is that in her little sick mind that she has a thing for him and now that he has a baby and everything she's pissed off. Cause I'm sorry but an 11yr old can't hide being raped at all. Someone would notice her acting funny. But there's plenty of other girls in the family and he's around plenty girls so why only her you know.. just doesn't make sense at all I think she just a liar and has some major issues that I know for sure!!

Mar 14, 2010, 10:51 PM

There was never any sex that's the thing.. he never touched her!! So there is no confusing her or any of that bull! And I don't care at all if your raped you show some sort of fear of that person esp the next day but she didn't and never has... hell she gets mad when we don't pick her up to take her out. That's not someone who is raped. Sorry I was a victim and I could never be near that person again even 15 yrs later! And I know others who were raped and there's just no way.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 10:06 PM

cause I'm sorry but an 11yr old can't hide being raped at all. Someone would notice her acting funny.
    That's not necessarily true. I was molested by my cousin from the time I was 5 years old, no one ever knew and I never told.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It Rape? [ 6 Answers ]

The other day,I just remembered something that happened to me in my past.It just all started coming back to me.I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone,and just started having a panic attack.I remembered when I was in 6th grade (I'm in 9th now) that my best friend would always ask for us to kiss,...

Rape [ 2 Answers ]

The statute of limitations on rape charge in state of Florida

Rape [ 5 Answers ]

OK a couple of boys in my school were taken for rape actually a gang bang rape but only 3 boys were involved. But the 2 accessories are in there too but the accessories didn't know what was going on they never new. Also the girl is only 12 years old and the boys that raped had sex with her are 19!...

View more questions Search