Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DyNaFeN Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 05:49 PM
    1 probability question i couldn't solve please help..
    7) The length of glass plates are measured to the nearest tenth of mm. The lengths are uniformly distributed between 590.0 and 590.9
    i. If we select a sample of 10 plates, what is the probability that less than 4 of them have length under 590.3?
    ii. If we select a sample of 10 plates, what is the probability that 9 of them have length greater than the mean length?
    iii. If we select 10 plates, what is the probability that only two have length greater than 590.6?

thanks in advance
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 10:34 PM

Is this still your exam?
    DyNaFeN Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 11:59 PM

no .
    I was solving random problems and I solved all except for this one..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to solve this probability? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay - this isn't homework. I took statistics and let's just say although it wasn't pretty, I passed. My boss asked me to solve this probability question back when I was taking stats and I could never figure it out. He wants to know the probability for a bowling raffle he is in every year. ...

Probability can you tell me how to solve this [ 4 Answers ]

A sample of 4 different calculators is randomly selected from a group containing 15 that are defective and 30 that have no defects. What is the probability that at least one of the calculators is defective?:confused:

Solve the probability [ 1 Answers ]

Hello could any one help me in this?? / the following table shows the distribution of blood types in the general population A B AB O TOTAL Rh+ 34% 9% 4% 38% 85% Rh- 6% 2% 1% 6% 15%

Probability question [ 1 Answers ]

okay this sint really homework but I had no where else to put my randommath question I hd... how would I check the probability at this... so normal dice have 6 sides ranging from 1-6 lets say you have three noram dice versus 3 specail dice1st dice has three sides with a 1 and three sides...

View more questions Search