Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peachey Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 05:39 PM
    Resume Help
    Please can anyone give me some advice on this, my two sisters sent out their first resumes and by mistake sister 1 included the bottom line on sister 2 resume which already had the first line and she sent it without realizing it, now sister 2 is furious with everyone stating she will never be hired. Please what do I tell her and will she be hired also if she goes for an interview what must she say concerning the error. Please we are worried we really need to know, this has become a family drama.

Attached is a copy of my resume, which details my qualifications, if applicable, I would like to meet you at your earliest convenience, where I can be contacted at the above number mentioned.

Attached is my resume, with highlights of my experiences. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 05:44 PM

Yes, some places will look at this and throw it out, but she is responsible for her own work and if she sent it this way, she has to deal.

She fixes it, learns she is responsible for her own work and moves on

Mar 14, 2010, 05:59 PM

No father its not like that mom is not well and she called her, she told me don't let anyone touch the PC, but my smaller sister begun to cry and I went to her but my other sister went to the PC to sent out her resume and this is the product of it. 11 girls and 1 boy age 5 to 23. So keeping an eye on everything or everyone is a problem.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Hi, Peachey!

It can and usually does take a lot of practice formatting documents like resumes and cover letters when applying for jobs. If it were me in your type of situation, I would make sure to send a back-up copy to a friend. I would also suggest maybe using the computer of a friend to send things out or copy and send them out. Doing those things would help to get your out of the problem of having to share a computer. I send documents to friends, save them to CDs and also have them back-up online.

As far as it already being sent out, we live and learn. Like I've already mentioned though, it can take a lot of practice...

Most people will be trying for many jobs anyway.

Also, more than likely, a potential employer is only going to glance over what has been written. I think that the initial information stated on a resume or cover letter are the most important anyway.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 10:05 PM

If it were me I would call the person at each employer and try to explain that this was a error and maybe briefly tell them how it happened. This may even get you a chance to talk with the person and open some doors. Depends on how inventive your are.

I know that if I received a call from someone on a matter like this and the person was sincere and serious I probably would listen.

Stringer

Mar 15, 2010, 06:45 AM

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. Now all I have to do is get both of my sisters to talk to each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New resume [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I need to type up a new resume but I don't really have much experience & my resume is pretty blank.. but all the places I apply for ask for one, what else can I put on it other than experience?

Should I use a resume? [ 10 Answers ]

I've only had four jobs, and am about to graduate highshool - but I'm tired of constantly filling out long job applications. I made a resume, with everything I've had - would that be "awkward" to submit that seeing how I'm a senior in high school, with only four jobs so far?

Resume [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may Concern; I am looking for a "Good" resume template of which I can just fill in the blanks. I have Word 2007 and I'm not quite used to utilizing all of it's features. I have gone through Microsoft's Templates although I've yet to find anything I care for. I am an "out of work,...

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

View more questions Search