Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABK Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Building Credit
    I have bad credit, lol,. I have like a small credit card from a few years ago, I have 6 months renters and a 7000 thousand dollar tool credit... Im screwed, I got a score of under 450... Im trying to build my credit back up... I can't even get a credit card, anyone know how... how should I try to build my credit up starting, and how do I get a credit card...

ABK

Im buying my home and the loan company says I need a score of 600 to beable to get
    The loan for my home... urrgggggggg
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 30, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Let me make sure I understand, you had a credit card that was about 1/2 the size of a regular credit card, you have rental property and only have your tenants sign a 6 mo lease, and you have a line of credit with a tool company but haven't used the credit line? Correct ?

Nov 30, 2006, 01:15 PM
    I had a credit card I owe about 2-5 hundred dollars... I have 6 months lease against me,and a tool credit of 7000 against me also... I need help

Nov 30, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Make arrangements with each, get a 2nd and 3rd job, don't make the same mistakes again.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Nov 30, 2006, 01:37 PM
    The only thing that fixes credit is time.

1. Pay off existing debt.
    2. Borrow from someone (probably a secondary lender with a co-signer) and don't screw that up. Get a secured credit card or anything that will put your credit on the board.
    3. The bad stuff will start to come off your credit report (SLOWLY).
    4. The good stuff will continue to be posted on your credit report.

Credit can only start to rebuild after you have paid off your existing debt.

I have learned that it takes about 6 years to rebuild your credit and 6 months (or less) to ruin it.

Good luck... it's a long road.

Nov 30, 2006, 03:14 PM
    How do I get a secured credit card...
    If I got lets say 10000.00 Ten Thousand dollars... its going to take me years to fix that
    Credit... what about a credit dept consolidator, making payments everymonth, will
    That help any, and a loan, how do I get a loan to pay off my debt...

Dec 1, 2006, 04:07 AM
    Secured card, put up some collateral so if you don't pay as agreed, the bank takes your collateral. As to borrowing more money to pay off past due debt, should you find such a loan, I am sure the interest rate but be drastically high. Get a 2nd, 3rd job, pay off the debts, don't borrow more money to pay off prior debts, put some cash aside for emergencies, don't make the same mistakes again, think twice when borrowing.

Dec 1, 2006, 07:32 AM
    What can you use as collateral-and I understand about not borrowing money to pay off debt... doesnt sound right... Im putting together two other incomes so in total Ill have about three different incomes... I guess I need to put one or both up and pay it all off,
    But damn that's a lot of money gone, and damn if I need it done...

Im thinking about getting a loan for the holidays, like 500 maybe, I guess I shouldn't do that yet either...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2006, 09:08 AM
    A debt counselor will help you negotiate lowered interest rates so you can pay off your debt sooner, but like aqua said, it takes time to rebuild credit.

There are several places to get a secured card, but you have to put up cash (that will be held in a savings account) as security.

I would wait until your lease is up and you are on a month to month lease before you think about buying.

Dec 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
    I'm on a rental plan now with my home, there selling 137,000 for the house...
    The house could easily sell for 180,000 after I get the flooring placed and some
    Outside landscaping...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Are you on a rental contract? Where you rent to buy? Do you realize that if you don't fulfill the terms of the contract, then any improvements you make will default to the property owner?

Dec 1, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Do not borrow ANYTHING until you have seen a credit counsellor or your debt is paid off. You are only going in the hole further. Yes you might be paying out a lot of money, but that's the way it has to be. Eat rice and beans until you have it paid off. You can do it!

Dec 2, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Damn, rice and beans, what about my son, lol- getting my credit is harder than I thought it was going to be

Dec 5, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Fixing credit is very hard. It is a long hard road. I think there are too many companies that make it too easy to acquire credit at higher interest rates which in turn only hurts people. Keep plugging away at it.

BTW... give the boy more than rice and beans... LOL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abb Building? [ 2 Answers ]

I am feed up with my flabby belly! Its not that bad (12 stone 4) but I just hate the look of it, so I have decided to work on my abbs I now it could take months on ends but I'm prepared anyone got any tips for the diet, and exercise side? Low carbs yes but is that just bad carbs or allso good...

Building a website help! [ 6 Answers ]

I need to start a website to inform about a professional service. I won't be collecting information or anything like that. I merely want four tabs of basic information, like Home, Services, Bio, Contact. Forgive my ignorance, but what do I do? If I buy a domain name, what is my next step? ...

Building a Vivarium [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Folks, It's a long shot but I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help me. Firtsly I'm no carpenter so don't know joins etc, but can usually do what I want. I am going to build a vivarium for the living room and need some help/advice. I intend to build I out of the laminate...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search