Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ystuart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 11:23 AM
    New roof through homeowner insurance
    We have a tin roof over 30 years old. The ceiling is leaking in 3 rooms and 2 hallways in our house. Will insurance cover a new roof?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 11:25 AM

I doubt very much your insurance will cover a new roof. Usually it is a the responsibility of the homeowner for that expense. Better get some estimates.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2010, 11:30 AM

No it will not. Homeowner's insurance covers accidental damage, not wear and tear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 11:51 AM

If there was hail or wind damage to the roof, it may pay some minus depreciation against the age of the roof. But at 30 years old, normally it shows it should have been replaced years ago because of normal wear and tear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance/roof replacement [ 6 Answers ]

There was a tornado in my neighborhood 6 months ago. A roofer looked at my roof and said there is damage. He also said that my shingles are discontinued and are not being made anymore so the insurance co. Should replace the whole roof. The insurance co. said they can match any shingle as long as it...

Homeowner Liability Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I own a rental condo on the 9th floor in an 11 story poured in place concrete and steel building. I carry a liability insurance policy on this property. If there is water damage to a unit below me (hot water heater valve malfunction causing flooding) will this liability policy cover the damage to...

Rules of Homeowner Insurance verses Rental Property [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding a multi dwelling property. I bought a house as a homeowner, that has two apartments in the house, besides the main house. I have rented out the apartments, but I have a room in the main house, and a roommate. As well, I have all the utilities, heating, cable,...

Roof Leak/Homeowner Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a first time home buyer. A single mom working for Wells Fargo. I purchased my home about 6 months ago. My bedroom ceiling collapsed. The roof of my house leaks. I paid to have this house inspected before I could purchase it. I paid for homeowners insurance. My payments are current. ...

View more questions Search