Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darcyjc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 04:03 PM
    When I hooked up my surround sound the picture is black and white with sound
    I hooked up all of the cables for my surround sound to my TV. When we turn a movie on we get a black and white screen of the movie which is very clear and the sound. We just don't have any color.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 04:25 PM

Is this a brand new setup or was the TV working fine before?
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Mar 13, 2010, 10:55 PM

Please be more specific...

Brand and model number of surround receiver and TV receiver?

You say "turn a movie" - do you mean play from a DVD or PVR? If so, brand and model?

Then, how have you connected everything together?

And finally, does the normal TV picture show in colour?

Daniel
    darcyjc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 08:58 AM

The TV works fine when the surround sound is not hooked up. We have directv and everything is perfect. When we put a DVD in the surround sound system that is when this happens. I'm not sure if I have the cables hooked up correctly.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darcyjc View Post
    The TV works fine when the surround sound is not hooked up. We have directv and everything is perfect. When we put a DVD in the surround sound system that is when this happens. I'm not sure if I have the cables hooked up correctly.
    Please provide us with the makes and models of each device you want integrated into this system. As Dan has already asked for. When you give us this information, we can provide you the correct way of inter-connecting everything.

Also tell us how you have it currently connected.

Without this information first, we cannot be sure that it is connected properly. Once we know that everything is connected correctly, then we can begin to help you diagnose what the specific issue is.
    Aglass3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 04:32 PM

Quick check. Are you using the red, blue and green video cables? It kind of sounds like you have a couple of them switched around. (usually the blue and green)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surround sound speakers not synchronized with TV picture [ 2 Answers ]

New surround speakers are not synchronized with television picture. What did we do wrong?

TV has no sound after I hooked up a DVD player to it. [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to hook up a DVD player to my Zenith TV and it didn't work. Now my TV has no sound. I moved the interior and exterior switch on the back of the TV and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search