Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
    How to find ancestors
    I found out that I'm a descendant of Sir William Wallace and I want to see who else I might be related to. Where and how do I find this information. It would be awesome to talk to some people that I didn't know I was related to.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 12:04 PM

Sir William Wallace was not always a 'sir', or you might call him an impoverished Scottish knight of the l200s (he was actually pretty tall for the time, with a good physique and a good leader) who fought for Scottish independence against King Edward. He was eventually put to death quite gruesomely by Edward, in fact, he was drawn and quartered, and his innards were cut out whilst still alive, actually making him the hero to the Scottish people that Edward never intended him to be. Edward really hated what he stood for. You can get a great feeling for the time he lived in, Mel Gibson played William Wallace in "Braveheart". Watch the movie, but it isn't entirely correct. William Wallace didn't have a love affair with the french princess Edward (called Edward Longshanks) was engaged to.

Geneologists can do your family tree for a fee, it is extremely difficult and time consuming to accumulate this information yourself. It entails checking town records, inspecting grave stones and lots of travel.

You can find some information on Google. There is a lot on William Wallace to read and there you can actually find his predecessors, there gleaning more information on what you want to know.

Tick
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 3, 2010, 12:04 PM

I know this is a late post but there was more than one Sir William Wallace. There was the Guardian of Scotland, as Tickle noted well. That William Wallace was reported to have married Marion Cornelia BRADFUTE, who was born about 1260 in Scotland.

Then there was a gentleman born in Scotland, around 1648.

Here is that Sir William Wallace's lineage:
    wallac1
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 08:06 PM

You can also get records from the LDS in Utah.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 03:47 AM

Here are some basic search ideas:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/geneal...ice-48294.html

And regarding Wallace:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for ancestors [ 3 Answers ]

Need to find the correct spelling of my mothers maiden name? She is dead since 1992, Opal Marie Lafler was her married name, Opal Marie Mc Elmurry(?)was her maidn, also how do I find out how much Cheerokee Indian was she and do I qualify for any benefits under her saposed tribe? She was I believe...

German ancestors [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Australian citizen, my grandparents and mother were born in Germany. They migrated to Australia when my mother was 8, does this make me eligible for a German passport or any other entitlements?

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Ancestors.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!. I have a question about Ancestry if anyone knows... Anyway I've done a whole bunch of searches on it & every site I get to eventually leads to Ancestry.com. I've tried Ancestry.com before, & tried their free 14 day trail & it never worked. It kept asking for a billing address & I don't want...

View more questions Search