Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Mar 26, 2010, 03:39 AM

mistyjane have you started this? I have found more info about it, good info not to put you off lol
    I still think in higher does it can depigment and works in patchy way just like mono but I have read two studies where it has been used safely to treat hyperpigmentation in 2-4% mixed with Retin A if you still interested I can post my finding.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Mar 26, 2010, 06:15 AM

Ok .

My input on the same - Mequinol is usually recommended with retin A because it tends to BURN AND DAMAGE SKIN without the combination. The reason is unknown.

The Leucoderma tends to start when used by itself in MOST CASES!
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Mar 26, 2010, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    mistyjane have you started this? I have found more info about it, good info not to put you off lol
    I still think in higher does it can depigment and works in patchy way just like mono but I have read two studies where it has been used safely to treat hyperpigmentation in 2-4% mixed with Retin A if you still interested I can post my finding.
    Yes thanks that's also what I read.
    That is the reason why I decided to use it in this concentration(2-4%) but I'm not saying this is the way to go cause I don't know what the results will look like but from what I read it is not going to depig me in this low percentage.
    And yes I still want to use I ordered like a week ago from goldpharma it is supposed to arrive next week.
    We will see!
    I'll keep you all updated;)
    PS:thanks sara for your researchs if you have the time you can post a link!
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 26, 2010, 10:48 AM

mistyjane the mequinol from goldpharma is 10%, how do you plan to bring it down to your preferred concentration?

Mar 26, 2010, 10:51 AM

Sorry just seen you are going to mix it with your ht26.
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

Mar 26, 2010, 03:26 PM

Can't you get mequinol/tretinoin in a bottle?

Mar 27, 2010, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    cant ya get mequinol/tretinoin in a bottle?
    Yes you can if you buy the solagé it is 2%mequinol and 1% tretinoin mix it for hyperpigmentation but it is very pricey.

Mar 27, 2010, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Yes thanks that's also what i read.
    That is the reason why i decided to use it in this concentration(2-4%) but i'm not saying this is the way to go cause i don't know what the results will look like but from what i read it is not going to depig me in this low percentage.
    And yes i still want to use i ordered like a week ago from goldpharma it is supposed to arrive next week.
    We will see!
    I'll keep you all updated;)
    PS:thanks sara for your researchs if you have the time you can post a link!
    Thanks hun for the update, will post the links for you.
    Best of luck

Mar 27, 2010, 01:17 PM

Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to get solage without a prescription. I have been able to get 10% from goldpharma with no problems but have been unable to locate any sites selling solage not requiring one.
    AmyGene Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Yes you can if you buy the solagé it is 2%mequinol and 1% tretinoin mix it for hyperpigmentation but it is very pricey.
    Misty, has this been know to cause white pacthes later on though?

... can someone please post more info on it

Mar 27, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGene View Post
    Misty, has this been know to cause white pacthes later on though?

...can someone please post more info on it
    Hi,

I have read few studies were it has been used in 2-4% with retin a 0.01 to treat hyperpigmentation. I will post the studies on Monday as I can't access it from home.

However mequinol in higher dose is another alternative to monobenzone for people want to depigment. Although it is a weaker depigmenting agent, people who don't wish to depig should not use higher %.

Best of luck
    AmyGene Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    hi,

I have read few studies were it has been used in 2-4% with retin a 0.01 to treat hyperpigmentation. I will post the studies on monday as I can't access it from home.

However mequinol in higher dose is another alternative to monobenzone for people want to depigment. Although it is a weaker depigmenting agent, people who don't wish to depig should not use higher %.

best of luck

Thanks for this!

I have read that it has been used to treat hyperpigmentation as well... but I wonder if it will cause white spots later on... or maybe it will cause white spots on some people but NOT on others... thats the fear for me, getting white spots or else I'd even use mono..

Gosh... if there were clinics in Toronto that cater to hyperpigmentation for DARK individuals... there isn't not a da*n thing here... nobody can help us.

Mar 27, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGene View Post
    Thanks for this!

I have read that it has been used to treat hyperpigmentation as well...but I wonder if it will cause white spots later on...or maybe it will cause white spots on some people but NOT on others...thats the fear for me, getting white spots or else I'd even use mono..

gosh...if there were clinics in Toronto that cater to hyperpigmentation for DARK individuals...there aint not a da*n thing here ...nobody can help us.
    The thing is with everything there is a risk, when they first discovered mono, they decided to give it to people to treat hyperpigmentation in the 1940's to 1950's but later on, doctors discovered that with some patients certain areas that were not treated were losing pigmentation,which lead to the realization that applying Monobenzone to just one area of the body (such as the face) eventually worked also worked on other areas and lighten maybe your left arm , or chest etc so they stopped that.

Solage it is still used, which means so far it is safe .

Mar 29, 2010, 10:39 AM

Here the links for the abstract, the other one even abstract can't be viewed http://www.eblue.org/article/S0190-9...219-6/abstract
    and here

Mar 31, 2010, 10:51 AM

Thanks for your concern Sara!!
    I just want to say: YESSSS!!
    My MEquinol arrived today(finally) I'm happy so I want to say: see you in a little month for an update or maybe sooner if something happens before.
    Wish me good luck!!

Mar 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

OMG!
    I'm so shocked right now I just opened my mequinol and I can believe something can smell so bad!
    How? How?how?
    IT left me speechless hum hum hum!
    GOt to be very brave to put this on my skin!
    Berk!!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Mar 31, 2010, 01:37 PM

@ mistyjane - are you sure you in for it ?

Apr 1, 2010, 04:31 AM

mistyjane, you are right, that stuff smells really bad and it is very strong.
    KasiCoco Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by videophonegirl View Post
    Hi Mistyjane,

Where are you getting your meqinol and tretinon from please?

Thank you.
    You can get the mequinol fro EBAY and tretinoin from alldaychemist
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 26, 2010, 03:35 PM

I'm confused and I actually have been around here for a while... and there seem to be mixed answers coming regarding mequinol and patching or spotting of the skin.

Ok regarding Mequinol, and depigmentation, yes it is a depigmentation agent used for vitiligo treatment... but even the 10% listen on goldpharma is prescribed for hyperpigmentation... and sun and age spots...

I'm not sure what a "high" percentage is considered... because mono at 20% or higher is prescribed for vitiligo patients even though mono at 5% has been known to spot some people... and if mequinol is weaker then why would 10% depig you? And it is prescribed for lightening sun/age spots? Although it has been noted that the surrounding skin around the spot has been known to lighten too at least temporarily...

*I got this info after doing a Google search on "mequinol 10 warnings" , "mequinol warnings", Meqinol 10 effects" and "mequinol side effects".

I'm not trying to declare this for certain but I just wanted to point that out...

Granted mequinol 1o will burn like the bejeezes so that's why I would suggest diluting it with another cream anyway..

I didn't see much evedence of people getting white spots... and the one person who I know used it for a little while didn't spot and that was the member Dessamyl...

Hope that helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tretinoin [ 3 Answers ]

Does Topical tretinoin (or Retin A) 0.1% lighten really lighten the skin? I did some research and it said that it was good for post-inflammatory hyperpigmention in people with darker skin colour. I just wanted to ask around and see what others know about it. Thanks

Has anyone tried Solage Solution? (Mequinol/Tretinoin) [ 50 Answers ]

It seems promising, it suppose to be less harsh than Benoquin? A combination of Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) and Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid)

Tretinoin Gel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got lots of fordyce spots on my penis and I have read on the internet that Tretinoin Gel or Cream can get rid of them. Is this true? If so where can I buy this cream? Also are there any other creams or lotions which would get rid of them or even reduce them?

View more questions Search