Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Mar 13, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Mequinol/tretinoin?Anybody currently using it
    Ok so I really want to try mequinol/tretinoin combo on my back it is always the darkest part of my body and I was never able to lighten it.:mad:
    I know dessalm had great results with this combo and mequinol isn't pricey.I could try sepiwhite but it is so so expensive.
    I don't want to depig.
    I'm really scared of waking up with huge white spot :eek:
    So this is what I plan to do:
    Buy some Ht26 cream(it does not lighten at all but makes the skin smooth and is great for oily skin,I think I can use it as base cause it does not have any harsh chemical in it),
    Buy some mequinol 10% from gold pharma
    Mix the 2 together with some tretinoin(since it's 10% I will have to use much more ht26 than mequinol in order to lessen the percentage)
    What do you think about that?
    Tell me about your experience with mequinol:)
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 13, 2010, 08:24 AM
    OH!!
    I totally get what your saying about your back! Ugh! Me too!!
    So far I have been lightening neck up but when I do my body I'm going to order the Semi-Custom from Fair and Flawless. I need something STRONG!

If you could see the difference between my face and my back it's shocking! Looks like my face belongs to someone light skinned and my body belongs to someone dark skin.

I can't find that back applicator that I wanted to try:mad:
    I don't like sponge applicators because they soak way up too much cream.
    That's the only solution I can think of when it comes to applying creams my back.

Someone said lay down some plastic wrap on the floor and lay down on top of it to keep the cream on the back:p
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Mar 14, 2010, 11:58 AM

Mistyjane, Why do you want to try mequinol if you don't want to depigment your skin?

It is a depigmenting agent, there are many studies to show how strong agent it is, even people who use mono use it as another option.
    mobster Posts: 105, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    Mistyjane, Why do you want to try mequinol if you don't want to depigment your skin?

It is a depigmenting agent, there are many studies to show how strong agent it is, even people who use mono use it as another option.
    You are right it is a depigmenting agent
    However I used the Mequinol with Tretoinin
    And HQ 4%.

For 3-4 weeks, and I did not have any white spots,
    Just extreme lightening.

Mar 14, 2010, 02:32 PM

Hi Sarah how is the mono process going?
    Here on the forum I've read a lot of threads saying what mequinol does to the skin and from what I read it doesn't depig , it's just stronger than hq and that's it.
    I've also did some researchs and went on skin care talk forum, there are more people using it there and they don't depig just lighten.
    Please readhttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...me-428882.html

Mar 15, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Hi Sarah how is the mono process going?
    Here on the forum i've read a lot of threads saying what mequinol does to the skin and from what i read it doesn't depig , it's just stronger than hq and that's it.
    i've also did some researchs and went on skin care talk forum, there are more people using it there and they don't depig just lighten.
    Please readhttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...me-428882.html
    I have read those posts but I believe in science more, if you researched well you will find in fact it is a depigmenting agent although not as powerful as mono but it does the same thing in a slower rate. If you want I can post studies for you to support this.
    By all means if you want to depig yourself then use it but don't be mislead to believe it is a lightener, yes people might not notice patches immediately as they do with mono because it not as strong.

Mar 15, 2010, 06:14 AM
    I have read those posts but I believe in science more, if you researched well you will find in fact it is a depigmenting agent although not as powerful as mono but it does the same thing in a slower rate. If you want I can post studies for you to support this.
    By all means if you want to depig yourself then use it but don’t be mislead to believe it is a lightener, yes people might not notice patches immediately as they do with mono because it not as strong.
    That's what I told her, in higher doses that it depigs the skin and why take the chance with an ingredient like that? Depig is depig and I wouldn't use any ingredient that does that to the skin in higher or lower doses!

I guess she thinks as long as she used Retin A it will protect her from having white spots.

Mistyjane's a big girl now:D
    And like most people who and she even admitted "being in a hurry" to lighten her skin will go for products such as these. I don't think there is anything we can do to change her mind. I just told her be careful!

Mar 15, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mobster View Post
    You are right it is a depigmenting agent
    however I used the Mequinol with Tretoinin
    and HQ 4%.

for 3-4 weeks, and I did not have any white spots,
    just extreme lightening.
    I am confused here you said you have used it 3-4 weeks, and the other thread said it was 3 months! Which one is it?
    Anyway, the lightening could be due so many ingredients you are using, I did not say mequinol does not lighten but it is used as depig agent tried and tested. It works in slower rate than mono hence you don’t see the white patches fast.
    All that retin A is doing is to speed the process, it peels dead skin ready for your agent to be absorbed in the skin, it also shown to speed depigmntation with mono.
    videophonegirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 09:57 AM

Hi Mistyjane,

Where are you getting your meqinol and tretinon from please?

Thank you.

Mar 15, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Slow down and read through the threads first and you would have seen it.
    They purchase from goldpharma.

Mar 15, 2010, 10:47 AM

Wow I'm happy that some people are starting to participate to this thread.
    Mobster what do you mean by extreme lightening??
    @Hum yes I want to lighten my back before summer...
    @Sarah yes I'm honest( I try as much as I can)

Mar 15, 2010, 01:18 PM

Please what is goldpharma, that is, is that their website address? Can someone please give more specific information. Thanks again.

Mar 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
    YES!!
    Did you try the search engine?
    It's the first site listed.

Mar 15, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by videophonegirl View Post
    Please what is goldpharma, that is, is that their website address? Can someone please give more specific information. Thanks again.
    :confused:GIRL you need to go on | medical and pharmaceutical articles at goldpharma
    If you want to buy this mequinol thing I'm not saying it's the way to go just asking people to share their experience.

Mar 15, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Are you still interested in trying it Misty?

Mar 15, 2010, 01:45 PM

Thanks misty, I don't know if am going to be using it either, still doing loads of research on and have more to go. I definitely will buy the tretinoin for other reasons though.

Thank you also Nikki.

Mar 15, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Your welcome:)

Mar 16, 2010, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Are you still interested in trying it Misty?
    Yes I am! But wanted to have some more feedback or maybe some news from dessalm. She seems not to be coming here anymore :(.
    She used to be very informative... I'm going to do some more researchs and wait for others to share their experience.
    Even Golden girl seems not to be there...
    I'm happy that you Nikki you're still here.:)

Mar 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Yes i am! but wanted to have some more feedback or maybe some news from dessalm. She seems not to be coming here anymore :(.
    She used to be very informative...I'm going to do some more researchs and wait for others to share their experience.
    Even Golden girl seems not to be there...
    I'm happy that you Nikki you're still here.:)
    Awww aren't you sweet! :p Thanks!
    Wish I could be more of help with this ingredient but I have never used it.
    What would have helped you would have been if that depig.net or .com or whatever was still around.

They had many members who had experience with depigmentation products. But those sites never seem to stay up! There have been so many, it's like every 2 or 3 years the owner of the group or whoever shuts it down. Then they come to askmehelpdesk asking what happen or where did everybody go?

Mar 16, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Awww aren't you sweet!!:p Thanks!!
    Wish I could be more of help with this ingredient but I have never used it.
    What would have helped you would have been if that depig.net or .com or whatever was still around.

They had many members who had experience with depigmentation products. But those sites never seem to stay up! There have been so many, it's like every 2 or 3 years the owner of the group or whoever shuts it down. Then they come to askmehelpdesk asking what happen or where did everybody go?
    Thank god, that site is closed it was scam run by scammer who seems to promote whatever he is selling. I have long history with my mono research, and he use to promote mono then and all sudden it closed down, and resurfaced with new fake product, and the cycle never stop, I hope people do a bit of digging even here to realise he is a scammer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tretinoin [ 3 Answers ]

Does Topical tretinoin (or Retin A) 0.1% lighten really lighten the skin? I did some research and it said that it was good for post-inflammatory hyperpigmention in people with darker skin colour. I just wanted to ask around and see what others know about it. Thanks

Has anyone tried Solage Solution? (Mequinol/Tretinoin) [ 50 Answers ]

It seems promising, it suppose to be less harsh than Benoquin? A combination of Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) and Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid)

Tretinoin Gel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got lots of fordyce spots on my penis and I have read on the internet that Tretinoin Gel or Cream can get rid of them. Is this true? If so where can I buy this cream? Also are there any other creams or lotions which would get rid of them or even reduce them?

View more questions Search