Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Mar 13, 2010, 01:16 AM
    Does selling Avon count when it comes to unemployment?
    Okay recently I started selling Avon and I haven't made very much. I recently lost my job and have been on unemployment. Everyone keeps telling me that Avon doesn't count and that I can still file unemployment, but I have been feeling guilty and worried so I want to make sure.

Does selling Avon mean that I can't still get unemployment? With Avon I am only making probably $50 every 2 weeks, obviously not enough to live on, so I NEED the unemployment. Someone told me that I only need to report it if I make $200 or more. Is that true? Please answer asap anything helps.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 04:04 AM

I would think that would be counted as self-employment.

As for the dollar amount, as far as I can tell, there's nothing about not reporting an amount under x, nor is there a set amount that would reduce benefits. It's based on a percentage:

https://www.uibenefits.dol.ks.gov/do.../KbenP0950.pdf
    p. 11. (among others)
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Mar 15, 2010, 12:39 AM

Thank you so much! That was a huge help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 04:19 AM

Depending on where you live, you can even be "employed" if you merely report your wages, I know when I was unemployed in Georgia and Tennesse in previous years iI could earn up to 70 or 80 dollars a week before I started losing benefits. The only thing I had to do was report any money I earned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avon Job [ 8 Answers ]

Who here has sold Avon? How many hours a day did you need to put in? How well did you do? How does the process work? Are there any costs?

How to use the tummy toner from avon [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought a tummy toner from avon, the one where you put your feet in and it has a kind of elasticated rubber bungee. It came with no instructions and I'm at a loss as to how to use it because it doesn't seem to be working my stomach at all. Any ideas anyone?

View more questions Search