Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Feedandseed Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 02:11 PM
    How much is my Gibson SG guitar worth?
    I have a 1980 Gibson SG. Serial number 82880564. It is okay condition, (scratches, pots need cleaning etc.) Unfortunately I might have to sell it too pay off a bill. I'm trying to figure out how much is reasonable to ask for. Any suggestions?
    dazedandconfused2010 Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Mar 16, 2010, 01:01 AM

It's definitely worth $1000. I read a new one was about $1800. Gibsons are fine guitars and with age, most guitars really increase in value. The only thing is if it has dings and scratches. Clean it up the best you can before selling. Putting new strings on would also help improve its value. If someone is interested in buying, they will play it and you want it to sound its best.

Some really good strings are cleartones.. they're my fave :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar! Guitar!. need an online guru!. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay.. here's the thing: I have an electric guitar on me with a mini-amp and I love playing with it but I want to learn how to actually play it. After repeated 'playing' I have learned the strokes and fingering a little bit on my own but without some theoretical understanding, I don't seem to...

Looking for Gibson SG-X [ 3 Answers ]

Im looking for a gibson sg-x in either yellow or coral. Can't find them anywhere and I really want one

Gibson hauser [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a personal profile on a potential customer

Gibson dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Dryer started to make a squealing noise then would stop after awhile then it made a bang and the inside doesn't turn but it runs? Was a rubber smell after that? What could this be the dryer is an older 1. Thanks

View more questions Search