Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpropst Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 12:36 PM
    If I add my name to title of house does that make me responsible for loan too?
    My fiance' wants to add me to the title of the house, but if he defaults on the loan does that leave me responsible?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 01:36 PM
    No. You are not responsible for paying back the loan unless you sign the mortgage note. However if your fiancé adds you to the title and then defaults on the loan and the lender forecloses then you will lose your ownership interest in the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add my wife to the house title? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if there is another way to add my wife to the house title without paying an attorney.

How to add spouse on house title [ 4 Answers ]

How do I add my spouse on my house title?

What form do I need to add someone to my house title? [ 2 Answers ]

What form do I need to add someone to my house title?

Add spouse to house title [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I like to add my spouse on the tittle of my house, and with survivor ship. How do we do that legally correct? Can this be done without a lawyer and still being legally fully accepted? Einkerem

How can my father add my name to the title of his house? [ 2 Answers ]

My father is very ill and afraid he may not make it, he would like to add my name to the title of his home so that if anything does happen to him I end up with his house not the government. My father lives in Texas what steps do we need to take and who do we need to see? His interest rate is also...

View more questions Search