Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lroomberg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Need to convert .XLS, and .MDB data to ASCII in Linux
    My customers send me data in .XLS and .MDB formatted files. Spreadsheet data always consists of a single tab. Access .MDB data always consists of less than 100 fields. All the fields are numbers, text, or dates.

My computer runs Linux. I code in Perl 5.8.8. OS is Linux (Centos 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5, but what I code typically runs anywhere Red Hat, SUSE, or other major distros.)

I am looking for a free (or very cheap) utility that will convert the data to tab-delimited ASCII files.

The solution MUST be able to be called from Linux shell scripts so a command line interface would be ideal. An interactive GUI application will NOT work for me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 12, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Excel can save to delimited file as standard and access can export to the same.
    I would ask you customers to send the information in this format.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you convert mde to mdb? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there Ineed to convert mde file to mdb to restore the vba code reply

Summarize data conditionally across 3 sheets in .xls [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a file with 3 sheets. The layout is similar, but each of the sheets can have different rows / common rows. Pl see attachment.. The 3 sheets are A,B,C and contain cost center information and monthwise numbers. While the columns are the same, the cost centers are not identical across...

Convert .MDB to .exe [ 7 Answers ]

access 97 has option to convert .MDB TO .exe now i am using Access 2000 and using access run time please help to find way to convert .MDB to .exe or any other ways

Convert mdb vba [ 4 Answers ]

How can I convert an Access mdb file to vba code?

Convert Access MDb to Exe [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Access 2003 I want convert the database into exe

View more questions Search