Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilkeke33852 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 02:00 AM
    Modem freezes computer why
    I have windows xp just put in new motherboard and reinstalled my hsp56 micromodem on to the motherboard. Was having an issue with one cable that was connected to the hard drive but was able to go online but then the computer would show no hard drive got that problem fixed so now the hard drive doesn't get unplugged but now when I try to connect to the internet when I first try to sign on my computer freezes up and I have to restart it I really don't know what to do
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 01:28 AM

What was the reason for the motherboard replacement? I also don't understand the hard drive cable issue. If the cables were connected incorrectly, it is possible to damage the board or the device.

Confirm the modem is good, that the correct driver for it was installed, that it is compatible with the new motherboard, and the motherboard's BIOS is configured correctly for the modem. These modems are often poorly documented as installation, model, and revision number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer freezes [ 11 Answers ]

If anyone out there knows why my computer keeps freezing let me know. It freezes after windows finishes loading. If I move the mouse onto any icon or to open any window it freezes. If I just leave the mouse on the screen and don't touch anything it won't freeze I need help.

My computer freezes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: When I use Internet Explorer to get on the web I cannot use Yahoo as my home page. My computer freezes up. When I use Google as my home page IE, I can get on the web but I can't access yahoo.com. Louie,

Computer says I have no modem HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

When I reinstalled the windows 98, I lost my modem. I don't know what this means but when I tried to connect to the internet it said I could not because I did not have a modem.. I do have a modem disk but when put it ni the computer, nothing happened, and so I went to my computer and clicked it...

Computer is freezing [ 2 Answers ]

well I'm having the problem that my computer continuosly is freezing. So I read that may be for some spy or other things my computer would have, so I downloaded hijackthis and did a scan but I don't know what should I do this is the hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2 Scan saved at...

Computer Freezes [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me?  I have an E-Machine AMD Duron 800Mhz computer with 768 RAM.  I have been having a lot of problems with my computer for the past year.  Whenever I am using it, either on the web, printing something or just using a program, the computer just freezes.  I have done all the...

View more questions Search