Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 11, 2010, 10:28 PM
    You know you're a cat person if...
    ... you do not consider an outfit complete without some cat hair.
    of course not. and if i want to wear white, i can put it on right before i leave and take it off when i get home
    ... you consider cat hair in your food as extra fiber.
    of course. you can never have too much fiber
    ... you apologize when you step on a fuzzy cat toy in the dark.
    well, it MIGHT'VE been a cat
    ... you snap your fingers and pat the sofa beside you to invite your guests to sit down.
    oops ^_^
    ... you sleep on one edge of the bed because the cat is sleeping in the middle looking soooo cute!
    kitties need their beauty sleep, too
    ... your neighbors refer to you as "the crazy one with all the cats."
    honestly, that is my goal in life
    ... you refer to your cat as your fur-baby.
    what else would i call her?
    ... your parents wind up with a four-footed, furry "grandchild."
    and soon to be great-grandchildren
    ... you accidentally call your spouse by your cat's name!
    not a spouse, but i have called people by kitty names
    ... your favorite friends have fleas.
    surprisely, edith doesn't have fleas. she has to be the only stray that didn't get them
    ... you chose a house to buy based on it having a good location for the catbox.
    no, but no matter how much i love this apartment, i would have lived somewhere i didn't if i wasn't allowed to have a kitty here
    ... you meow so well, you confuse the cats.
    mother cats, especially. i learned by watching neighborhood strays raise their babies
    ... Your entire wardrobe for the week ahead is based around what items you can get out of the washing basket without waking the cat asleep in it.
    well, i don't really want to wear my favorite shirt THAT much
    ... Someone asks if you live alone and you blurt "Oh no, I have six cats!"
    what? that's not alone
    ... You have no opinion about birds per se, but you keep a bird feeder going to entertain the cats.
    I've actually been trying to figure out if there's somewhere to hang one
    ... You routinely mishear the person in the same room, but you can hear a faint kitten mew the length of the house. And you can tell which kitten said it.
    and usually why they're talking
    ... You can tell who climbed onto the bed in the dark by how much or little the mattress sags.
    and where they go to lie down
    ... You can pick a random hair off your clothes and name the cat it came from.
    it was harder when i was living with 3 black cats and 2 brown tabbies
    ... When people meet your two all-black cats for the first time and they ask how you tell them apart, you respond in shock, and go into great detail on exactly HOW you tell them apart
    i could tell all 3 black cats and the 2 tabbies apart at a glance, usually
    ... You spend more time talking to the cats than to other humans (and they reply back).
    well, of course, you can't have a conversation if the other person doesn't answer
    ... You have to type with one hand because the other hand is holding the cats head up off the keyboard just enough for you to reach the keys underneath.
    or i end up putting my computer off to the side at an odd angle, and still only using one hand to type
    ... You ask for scratching post/kitty condo/new id tag for your baby for your birthday.
    I've actually been seriously considering it. unfortunately, i have to wait until october
    ... You spend money that you received for your birthday to get your baby fixed so he can go outside.
    see above. i hope to have the money before then, though
    ... You apologize profusely for:
    -->vacuuming
    -->closing a door -- any door
    -->getting home from work late
    -->administering much-needed medication/eye drops/ear drops/etc.
    -->smelling like other cats, or dogs
    -->laughing too loud or a having coughing fit
    -->taking down the Christmas tree

and any number of other things
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 10:47 PM
    You let the kitties take over your favorite chair.

You don't get upset when they get you up at five in the morning just because they are lonely.

You show your friends pictures of your children and grandchildren and the kitties.

You go out at two in the morning for hairball snacks.

You cry when the vet gives them their shots, just like you did when your kids got shots.
    Experts

Mar 11, 2010, 10:49 PM

I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally take edith in to get fixed. I may have a break down, especially if I have to leave her overnight.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 10:53 PM
    Name:  cat.jpg
Views: 4235
Size:  28.1 KB
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Name:  cat.jpg
Views: 4235
Size:  28.1 KB
    That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love that photo.
    Experts

Mar 11, 2010, 10:57 PM

When you're seriously debating finding a way to fill your extra bedroom with cat furniture.
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 11:02 PM

When you spend more time in the pet food aisle than you do in any other part of the store!
    Experts

Mar 13, 2010, 06:27 PM

I was watching a video of a cat giving birth. Confused the ens out of poor edith. She kept looking around and under and behind my computer trying to find the kittens she could hear crying. A couple times she went to sit in a box under the end table by the couch and growl. I think she was trying to tell the other mother that it's HER nesting spot.

At least I can be pretty sure she's picked a nesting spot, now. It also gives me hope that she'll deliver soon.
    Experts

Mar 13, 2010, 08:55 PM

The youngest boy hasn't earned the right to wear a kitten, yet.

Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 04:49 PM

Heath that is a good photo. LOVE the kitties!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 07:19 AM

You know you're a cat person if you don't bother to empty the litter box as it's in the bathroom anyway and your guests either hold their nose and go or decide they don't have to go after all and politely leave your home and never return in a big hurry.

Nothing irks me more than having to use the bathroom only to be confronted by a full stinky litterbox the owner is too lazy to empty. The entire house reeks like litterbox poop! I guess they're immune to the smell after awhile and think that a teeny tiny room deodorizer disk strategically placed near the offensive box is really going to do anything about the smell! This never ceases to amaze me what lazy cat owners will dream up to get out of emptying the litterbox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you a cat person or a dog person? [ 91 Answers ]

I just was interested in how many people on here had pets. If you do, what species? Did you get them at a breeder or a shelter? What breeds? What do they look like? Do you have pics?:D

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

View more questions Search