Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hampton Breeze Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Problem with furnace
    Can anyone suggest what's the possible problem with the furnace - it makes a loud clanging noise when the heat first come on and stop right after that.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 08:30 PM

I would say that your Blower wheel is broken or it has come loose on the motor shaft. Or one of the motor supports has broken.

More that likely it is the wheel loose on the motor shaft.
    Hampton Breeze Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    I would say that your Blower wheel is broken or it has come loose on the motor shaft. Or one of the motor supports has broken.

More that likely it is the wheel loose on the motor shaft.
    Do I need a heating guy to fix it or it's something easy to fix?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hampton Breeze View Post
    Do I need a heating guy to fix it or it's something easy to fix?
    That all depends upon your mechanical ability. If you feel you can find the problem,take it apart,find the replacement parts for the defective parts and reassemble then go for it but if you cannot do those items then call for local on site help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace problem [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace operates fine except during cycle it will shut down then come back on to complete cycle. Could this be the blower relay or something else?

Lenox furnace problem [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 13 yr old Lenox furnace not staying lit continually. Lights for about 60 seconds kicks off for 2-3 minutes and back on again. Has a red light flashing. Anyone know what this could mean? Thanks

Furnace Operating Problem [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is 5 years old. Will not stay lit. The igniter lights, the gas valve open, stays on for 30 seconds and shuts down and does it over and over. Never staying operational. Please help.

Problem with my furnace blower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower. You can hear it trying to start but it doesn't. It's a 115V motor, 1/3 hp, 6.6A. I put an amp meter on hot leading to motor and it drew 20.9Amps. What could it be? The motor is not seized because I am able to turn the pulley by hand. Could the...

View more questions Search