Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    splanky111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Flange height?
    I recently installed new tile and cement board on my bathroom floor. The toilet flange now sets level with the tile. Will this work or will I need to make an adjustment. Ive read the flange needs to be 1/2 inch above the tile. I'm worried about leaking. Thanks
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 08:35 PM

If you flange is level with the tile floor you can set the commode on it and it will work just fine. If you are nbot satisfied with that you can always use a second bowl wax and tear pieces off it and mold onto the first bowl wax and make it about a quarter of an inch higher.
    splanky111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Another toilet flange question
    My toilet flange is setting about 1/4 inch above the subflooring. Meaning there is a gap between the botom of the flange and the sub flooring. 2 of the screws that hold the flange down are stripped so I don't think I could simple tighten it to the floor. Could I slide some pieces of tile or cement board under the flange to tighten the fit and support it. The fooring is completely installed already. Thanks for your help.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 09:52 PM

I echo Letmetellu advice. The flange is at optimal height. Use "skinny" was ring.

Sure, you can slide piece of ply or tile under and tighten it with new brass screws. Once you finish the floor the closet ring will be at just about the correct height.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange height [ 3 Answers ]

Tile remodel about to install new toilet . The flange sets about 1/4" below tile/floor level is this a problem. Should I use some sort of extender or go with a taller wax ring

Toilet flange height [ 2 Answers ]

How do you install a toilet flange (new construction) on a tile floor.

Toilet flange height [ 3 Answers ]

Just replaced the floor in bathroom flange is broken. What should the height of the top of the flange be when I replace. I have found 1/4in and 1/2 inch?

Flange height [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a new tile floor in a powder room and now the closet flange is level with the finished floor. I am finding conflicting information on whether this is acceptable or not. I have heard that adding an additional wax ring might be O.K. but this is an upstairs bonus room bath and...

Closet Flange Height [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed a few toilets and I always get different answers from different sources on this. Should the toilet flange be at the same height as the surrounding floor level or should it be slightly above, or.. Does it matter? Thanks, Jesse

View more questions Search