Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ant lala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 09:38 AM
    What to do if the kitchen facet won't come out
    I'm trying to install a new single kitchen faucet but the old ond will not budge there is rust on the under side which I've sprayed with CLR there is a semi circle flat disc around the under pipes to the faucet but there is no bolt as my new faucet
    What to do?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 03:39 PM

Take long, sharp chisel and try to split the nut in half.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 08:05 PM

I think that if you use a screwdriver against the side of that flat disk that the pipe will slide through and tap it with a hammer or some light tool the disk will break loose and slide off and you will then be able to lift the faucet out.

If is is not made with a place for the pipe to slip into the use an electric drill with a 5/16 or 1/4 inch bit and drill a hole up through the nut, after you get through the nut start leaning the drill and as it leans in the nut it will cut the nut to the point that you can crack it with a screwdriver or chisel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower facet [ 5 Answers ]

I tried removing the shower facet using a shower bonnet socket and it just slips when I try to turn it it seems the bonnet nut is worn. How can I remove the nut safely. Thanks

Moen facet leaking at central valve [ 4 Answers ]

I have a moen facet for the shower and tub. Recently I have had to make the bath tub more friendly for the disabled which included adding an attachment which allows the water to go into a hand held sprayer arm. Yesterday while using the attachment, the water started to leak from the primary...

Shower and facet running at the same time [ 2 Answers ]

My shower and faucet are running at the same time. The shower seems to get all the hot water and the faucet all the cold. I can't take a shower without running completely out of hot water.

Another facet of NCs and Break ups [ 1 Answers ]

Going through so many distressful posts on break ups and Moving On... I have realized that it's not more of a break up that concerns most people, it's just the rejection part that we humans can't digest. Why has the other stopped talking, then there must be something wrong with us... those kind of...

Tub facet [ 10 Answers ]

We brought our house Aug. it is 2 yrs old . The extra bath tub hot water does not work but the sink hot water works not sure what to do? :confused: Rhonda

View more questions Search