Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrayonScribbles Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Sweet sixteen.
    Hey Everyone :]

My 16th birthday is on September 5th and so I've decided to give myself 6 months to start getting ideas for it and planning it, etc.

The problem is, with finances being so bad I can't rent out a club or anything and my budget is undecided at this point but it won't be very big.

Since this will most definitely be taking place at my house I've decided to go with a more causal clothing style but I'm lost when it comes to theme, decorations, supplies, and things to do. Ive got TONS of music but I don't think the people I'm inviting will enjoy coloring (which is what we did last year when I turned 14. It was a hit- haha).

So I guess what I'm asking is any ideas for a cheap but fun party for maybe 15-20 friends.

Thanks for the help :]

Brandy.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Hi, CrayonScribbles!

Well, for one thing, you could ask the friends who you invite to bring things, like food and decorations.

Hopefully, others come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 8, 2010, 11:29 PM

Why not have a masquerade? Pick a time, like the renaissance or 70's, and encourage people to come in costume. Have them wear masks, because it just makes everything a bit more fun. Decorate in colors that fit the time frame you picked. Play some music from that period, if appropriate and available. Serve some foods you wouldn't normally find at a party today. Maybe have a few organized games or movies that you know everyone enjoys.

Generally, just hang out and have fun. The costumes will lend it an air of newness and fun. Let the rest just happen naturally. If you try to over plan it, or schedule when things happen, it won't be nearly as much fun as just letting everyone relax and have fun. Enjoy hanging out with your friends and just having fun, it'll mean a lot more in the long run than if you had a big party at a club with a hundred people you barely know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm sixteen &nd want a kid [ 27 Answers ]

I am sixteen &nd want a kid

Never dated before and I am sixteen [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sixteen never had a boyfriend or even been asked out since Elementary and middle school and was like 4 dudes all together. Sometime I feel like I'm not normal I mean mostly all my friends have been asked out and I don't get why I have never been before. Nobody outside of my family has ever told...

Can I be emancipated before I'm sixteen if the situation is right? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I can be emancipated before I'm sixteen, I mean I've heard a lot of things about you HAVE to be sixteen but if the situation is right if that can b changed. I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in March and I've had a really bad life. I've raised myself my entire life and my mom has been...

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

View more questions Search