Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badams007 Posts: 106, Reputation: 12

Nov 29, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Upgrading cameras?
    I am currently using a 3.5 mp Sony cyber-shot that is a couple of years old.

I am somewhat frustrated with it because I have to be reasonably close to things (something dogs don't like), but not too close (VERY hard to get good flower photos) and the colors are "off" on the blue/black/purple iris which I grow... (and need to have the ability to have good quality pictures of each variety).

Is there a camera in the $300 +/- range that would solve some of these problems for me - even used?

Is there a good source for used cameras as other people upgrade too

I also have an older version of the SONY HVR-Z1U - HUGE professional camcorder that does stills, but it's such a bear to handle...

I sure could use people's thoughts

-Beth
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 14, 2006, 07:37 PM
    May I suggest a camera with automated setting to address your special needs. My favorite camera is Canon EOS. And, yes, it can be purchased with in your price range used. The Canon EOS as far as I know has a model dating as far back to 1992. If, you want a new Canon at the price you requested go after the Canon Power ShotSD300 at the price no lower than $189.00 ( also consider the series of Power Shot)

You love taking close up pictures of flowers like Iris’s. I do like to take high intensity color shots of flowers and then take a few sepia filter shots for that antique look. Flowers are beautiful distraction and make photography a pleasing distraction from world. In order to keep that feeling then the Canon EOS is requested.

There is a setting that is just right for portrait shots on a Canon camera; it is called in technical terms macro/micro setting. But, on the dial that is located on the right turn to flower or full face human head setting (that is the portrait setting). You can give your picture an extra boost by using a wide angle lens attachment, for that full impact of color.

Now, for the Sony... what is it you want to know?
    badams007 Posts: 106, Reputation: 12

Dec 15, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Thank you so much for your time.

I managed to get a great deal on a very lightly used Sony DSC-H2, so I'm hoping that will make capturing things easier

-Beth
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
    You are welcome... takes some great pictures and enter them into some contests... help a lot with your future crafts...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer upgrading... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there guys you know I really want to know how to upgrade my PC...

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Upgrading from ME to Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difficulty rating in upgrading from ME to XP and should I back up ME prior to the upgrade.

View more questions Search