Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tngrl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Hair color
    My natural hair color is blonde and I have always dyed it lighter blonde. I recently went to a salon and had it dyed brown. It took 3 times for her to do this, it kept turning to red or to ashy(she said it was because of all the box dye I had used before). Now it is to dark and I want it blonde again. I have had brown hair before and when I decided I wanted it blonde again I just got a blonde box dye and it turned really yellow. Then the next day I did it again with the same color and it worked. Should I do this again? Or is there another way to go about doing this, like maybe going to Sallys to get real salon hair dye? Or should I strip the color out first. I have done that before too, and then just dyed it with a blonde color and it works but I can't remember how damaged my hair was, but I am sure it was really fried. I am getting married in April and I am growing my hair out so I don't want to do anything but a trim until then. So I don't want to fry it so much that I'd have to cut it off.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 29, 2006, 09:10 PM
    Excessive use of hair color can damage your hair. In order to have a decent blonde shade, you will need to strip the color from your hair, then a toner has to be applied to achieve your desired color. However, if your hair is damaged or in bad condition, do not put any chemicals on your hair because your hair could fall out. Do deep conditioning treatments twice a week to restore the moisture in your hair. Then, please go to the salon and have them to do a corrective color.
    tngrl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 06:04 AM
    My hair isn't damaged right now. The ends needs trimmed but that's it. Is it true that darkening the hair does not damage it? That is what my hair lady told me. So you say just go in and not do it myself? Is that what they will do, strip it? Or will they just highlight it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How to take out hair color [ 6 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and I want to go back to my natural color without going to salon and doing it and I'm wondering what the best way is to take the color out

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I started with blonde hair and dyed it a medium red-brown. It turned black! How can I lighten it wihtout completely drying it out?

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hebal hair color but its too dark pl tell me how can I remove the dark color

View more questions Search