Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laniki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 02:10 AM
    Bad dentistry
    I went to the dentist for a routine exam and cleaning trays. Upon examination they told me I had to have an old filling replaced that I have had for some 30 yrs.. I was not having ANY troubles at this point. So to be proactive I had it replaced. Approx 1 month later the tooth broke and I lost 1/4 of the tooth, still no problems. Now I need a crown. So I had the crown put on and these are the problems I have had since. Throbbing jaw pain, bad enough that I can't sleep with an ice pack on my jaw and 10 mg doses of Zolpidem. I haven't slept for a week so far and have missed days of work . Was this procedure warrented,or did he just take advantage of me? What recourse do I have with the dentist and will I eventually have to have a root canal done? Will they have to ruine 3 teeth to make a bridge because my insurance won't cover implants. This all is very disturbing to me and I feel very victomized.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 02:29 AM

In order to find out if all of this was necessary, I would get a second opinion at another dentist. Then you can establish guidelines. It seems that his diagnosing was not properly done.

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Go back to the dentist who did the crown and have him check your bite. It could be a simple fix.
    Human999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 02:23 AM
    I found there are unethical dentists carry out unnecessary treatment to people in order to make more money!
    Human999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Give their name and address out to warn other people!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad dentistry [ 2 Answers ]

Is there an internet site to find out past history on a dentist to find out if he's ever had practice issues in the past

Bad Dentistry [ 4 Answers ]

I had a new crown put on to replaced the old one, that's what the Dentist convinced me to do. This was done is November 2007, in June I noticed that there was air bubbles coming from the tooth and an odor so I called the Dentist and informed their office of what was taking place. The office manager...

Dentistry on toddler [ 2 Answers ]

I just found two tiny black dots on my 19 month old son. They are right between his teeth.

Dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Basic Equipments In A Dental Outpatient

Bad dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any internet sites available to check a dentist back history, to find out if he might have had bad practice issues in the past

View more questions Search