Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WVgal1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 05:32 PM
    I think I'm pregnant?
    I had unprotected sex a week ago for 3 nights in a row. I started bleeding this past Friday. Could I be pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 05:48 PM

Yes of course, if you had unprotected sex, you can be, I expect you were wanting to, so good luck

Mar 7, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    I had my period two weeks ago. I had unprotected sex the 27th the 28th of February and the 1st of march and the 3rd of march.I quite taking my birth control on Wednesday.I started bleeding this past Friday the 5th. Could I be pregnant and if so when should I take a test?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 06:41 PM

Any time you have sex there is some possibility of becoming pregnant. So yes, you could be pregnant. And what do you mean by unprotected sex? You said you stopped taking birth control Wednesday. I assume you mean this past Wednesday, meaning that you were taking it when you had sex in February which would mean you weren't having unprotected sex but rather only using one form of birth control instead of using hormonal birth control and condoms both. If you had been taking birth control, the chances of you being pregnant are at least slightly less. And you bleeding now makes it that much less likely you're pregnant, but still not impossible. I'd wait until next month and see if your period comes, then test.

Mar 7, 2010, 06:53 PM

We didn't use a condom... but I know that he went all 4 times and didn't pull out. I missed a pill or two the end of January.. and I didn't take my pills on the same time everday... I didn't take it sometmes till like 7 at night because I would forget... and I'm not to start till the 16th of march... im hurting in my lower belly and back. I have pains in my belly every now and then... so could I still be pregnant?
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 06:58 PM

Did you even read what I wrote before? YES, you could be pregnant. But at this point, there doesn't seem to be any reason to think you are other than the fact you had sex and didn't take your birth control exactly as directed making it somewhat less effective. Generally, when you stop taking your birth control, you have your period. And lower back pain and lower belly pain (probably cramping) can be caused by periods. So, like I said before, I'd wait until next month and see if your period comes, then test. It won't hurt to test before that time, but it's probably going to be too early for accurate results so it'll be more of a waste of money to take test now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 07:07 PM

I have combined all of your threads
    1flwrgrl Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2010, 08:57 PM

As above, anytime you have sex, there is a chance of pregnancy, unless of course you are infertile for some reason. That said, I wonder why you stopped taking your birth control when you did. However, if you had been taking them up to that point, then the chance of you experiencing a pregnancy is much reduced. The chance of contracting an STD, which should seem much more devasting than a pregnancy, sounds quite great In my opinion, if you did not use a barrier method, which you say you did not.

You are experiencing a normal reaction to stopping your pills. I doubt you are pregnant, although time will tell. Don't waste your time or money taking boxes of tests. If you don't get a normal period around the first of April, I'd think about it then.

In the meantime, should you be having unprotected sex, and is it worth it?

Mar 7, 2010, 09:45 PM

I stopped taking them because I was scared that I was pregnant and I didn't ot be on the safe side so if I was I wouldn't hurt the fetus... and I had been taking them but I had miss a few in January and then hadn't been taking them on the same time everyday etc... but the std I'm not scared of that because I had sex with my boyfriend of 2 years. But I should just wait and see if I have my period then in the next few weeks then instead of getting a test this weekend??
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 10:33 PM

Taking a test this weekend is pretty pointless. Even if you are pregnant, it's too early for a test to detect it. Hate to say it but, by stopping your pills completely you've really increased the chances of you becoming pregnant. Unless that's what you want, I suggest using a back up method until you find out whether you are pregnant for sure and talk to your dr about the best birth control method for you. If taking the pills consistently is a problem, there are numeroud other forms of birth control available that do not require as much though.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 10:45 PM

There's a lesson in all of this, If you're taking birth control, it means that you DON'T want to get pregnant. If you don't want to get pregnant, assuming that birth control will be 100% effective is not correct. Even with a condom it is not 100% effective, ESPECIALLY if you aren't taking your birt control correctly.

So here's the deal, if you're NOT pregnant, get on a kind of birth control that doesn't have to be taken the same time every day orally. Do research on all of the side-effects of all of the products out there, and talk to your doctor about what would work best for you. Also, USE A CONDOM AS WELL. You need to take those precautions if you're not planning on a child.

If you are pregnant, good luck.

Mar 8, 2010, 05:08 AM

In a way I hope I am pregnant... so a test will not detect it a pregnancy now... but with me bleeding like I'm having my month cycle could still mean I am. I'm just trying to figure out if my chances are high of the pregnanct test being positive before I talk to the soon to be father.but thanks for all the help everyone has gave... I just kind of have it set that I am because I kind of want to be but then I know there's a chance I couldn't be too.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 06:56 AM
    You have several things going on here. You did not take your birth control properly so there is a chance that this bleeding could be caused as a side effect of the inaccuracy of the way you were taking the pill OR you have your monthly cycle. Remember that the FIRST sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVgal1 View Post
    In a way i hope i am pregnant...so a test will not dectect it a pregnancy now...but with me bleeding like im having my month cycle could still mean i am. im just trying to figure out if my chances are high of the pregnanct test being positive before i talk to the soon to be father.but thanks for all the help everyone has gave...i just kind of have it set that i am because i kind of wanna be but then i know theres a chance i couldnt be too.
    Are you emotionally and financially ready to support a child?
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 12:43 AM

How does your boyfriend feel about you maybe being pregnant? Did he know when you were having sex that you'd stopped taking your birth control?

Mar 11, 2010, 08:37 AM

I stopped taking my birth control the day after we had sex and I was taking it when we had sex but just not accurate everday.And no he doesn't know because I am scared that he may leave so I want to be sure before telling him.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 09:09 AM

That was pretty deceitful on your part. You knew that by not taking the pill as directed your chances of pregnancy were greater. And sperm can live in your body for nearly a week after you have sex, so even if you took it the day you had sex, you have no protection at all for the days following you having sex. I hope you can learn from this situation. Your partner believed you were on hormonal birth control. I'm sure if he realized you weren't using it properly and had a greater chance of becoming pregnant he would have either not had sex with you or chosen to wear a condom. Either way- you didn't give him the info he deserved to have to make that choice. Like I said, I hope you learn from the situation. This is unfair to your partner for you to be deceitful.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 10:17 AM

1) reddies are only supposed to be given for factually incorrect answers. Not differences of opinion. Read the site rules.

2) when taken incorrectly, the effectiveness of birth control decreases. And you stopping it right after having sex with him increased your chances even more. So yeah, if you didn't communicate how much you increased your chances of pregnancy, you were deceitful, in my opinion.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 02:13 PM

What if he told you that he had a visectomy but really didn't? Wouln't you be angry with him?
    It's the same concept as not taking your pills right, you need to inform him. Even if the two of you KNOW it's not 100% effective, doesn't mean you should just not tell him. It's still important information, ESPECIALLY because the two of you know it's not 100%. That's all the more reason for you to be more careful and communicate.

Mar 15, 2010, 09:24 PM

So I have been feeling a little weird on the inside,have pains a few times in my belly and in my boobs.I really need to know if I am pregnant and if anyone can help and give adivce I thank you... is it still to early to take a test?I have done some research and my dates listed above some where where the days of my most fertile day.so what are my chances?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Could I be pregnant by precum? Its about getting pregnant and having your period [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I am 15, Me and my boyfriend had sort of unprotected sex. Well he did not have a condom on and he was pre-. We had sex before that... And he came a lot! After that he took a shower and got into bed,No condom on but pre-. His penis was on my vagina like on the hole for like 5 min, and he went...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

View more questions Search