Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim Llinet Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Criminal Law: Grand theft auto
    My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand theft auto... Can anyone tell me what are the maximum penalties for both of these charges? Thasnk you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2006, 08:00 AM
    Hello again, Jim:

Uhhhh, what I just said.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Hello, first of course the bond in GA is merely for show, since if he was bonded out, he does not get released merely sent to Kentucky

There are a lot of facts, like who he stole the car from, and why he stole it, that can play into a lot of factors, if it was a friends car and they had a fight and he drove off,

Or if he popped the steering lock and hot wired the car.
    And if there is damage to the car, there will most likley be charges for that added, or if property in the car is missing additional charges for that.

But as excon said on the other post, getting arrested and convicted is two different things.

He will have to be sent back to KY and stand trial there, since GA can not send him to trial until it is proved in KY that it was stolen.

What he needs is a good lawyer.

Nov 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Thank you EXCON for your answer.. However, I only got the following on your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, Jim:

Uhhhh, what I just said.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 12:48 PM
    You posted this twice, excon answered in the other post and I assume saw no reason to repost what the said the first time.

I read both posts, and saw no reason to post on the other question which was just the same as this
    OntarioGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 11:19 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...uto-45542.html

That was the other comment excon made.

Dec 4, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Thank you Ontario girl, EXCON, and others for your information..

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioGirl
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...uto-45542.html

That was the other comment excon made.
    hndsmsmth Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Jul 30, 2010, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Llinet View Post
    My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand theft auto... Can anyone tell me what are the maximum penalties for both of these charges?? Thasnk you.

Missions are all things like killing and stealing, plus you don't have certain times or days to do things so you can go months without doing one mission and then do some little mission that's boring and go back to exploring and doing all kinds of random and stupid stuff

Criminal Attorneys
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hndsmsmth View Post
    Missions are all things like killing and stealing, plus you dont have certain times or days to do things so you can go months without doing one mission and then do some lil mission thats boring and go back to exploring and doing all kinds of random and stupid stuff

Criminal Attorneys
    Also linking advertisements for web sites is frowned upon here especially in the context that you have added the link.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Also linking advertisements for web sites is frowned upon here especially in the context that you have added the link.

Next question - would you even CONSIDER using an Attorney that this person recommended?

Shudder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is not paying car loan considered grand theft? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My best friend is going through a really rough time right now. She is bipolar and is making terrible decisions with her life. We have tried everything but nothing gets through to her. She is already in consumer credit counseling and has a part time job and is homeless (living out of her...

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

I'm not the criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Confused: Is there any forums available that could help me deal with my feelings on the way my twenty-four year old daughter has chosen to live her life? She has been in jail two times for shoplifting. Drugs are involved, she won't work (couldn't pass a drug test)! She has gone such an extreme...

Is your neighbor a criminal? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Do you think the government has any clue about what it does?? Recently, the state of Washington made playing online poker a felony. Yup – a class C felony, just like sex offenders. Now, I would like you to think about this for a minute. Here we have, let's say 1,000 ordinary...

Criminal Investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a crime scene investigator. I have a BA in sociology and I am currently going to school for anotherassociates degree in criminal justice and a certificate in forensic science. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this type of job? What type of classes I need? ANy types of...

View more questions Search