Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marta032009 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Where do convicted felons get some financial assistance upon leaving prison
    I have a friend who will be leaving federal prison soon to hopefully start over a new life. He heard that there is a grant available to assist convicted felons through local governments to help them with finances in job hunting, etc. Is there such a thing and where would I get information on that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 12:45 PM

No, some places such as half way houses, non profit groups get funding to help with various projects, ( some job training)

He needs to check with his local PO, you can check with the local chamber of commerce, the local minister alliance of your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Aid for convicted felons [ 1 Answers ]

I am a substance Abuse Counselor in rural Virginia. I work with young men and women who have just gotten out of prison for drug charges. One of the most common questions I get ask is why can't convicted felons receive financial aid? This is my question can they? If not, does anyone know of...

Convicted felons [ 1 Answers ]

What majow sales companies hire convicted felons?

Financial Aid For Convicted Felons [ 1 Answers ]

Convicted Felons have a hard time trying to get funding for anything. I am currently in my first year of College I am having to defer payments on half of my tuition, till 2011 or later. I have HIGH HONORS, and am looking for a way to obtain grants for education. This stuff is expensive,...

Convicted Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon apply and receive a passport? My dad has a felony on his record from 35 years ago and has been a model citizen since. Thank you, Shannon

Financial aide for convicted felons [ 5 Answers ]

I was convicted of possession of a stolen vehicle and have since became a productive member of society and want to better myself by going to school! Any help would be great!

View more questions Search