Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello m:

He means forming a corporation for your business. That way your personal assets are protected. If you have NO assets, you could operate as a sole proprietorship until you get some assets. A sole proprietorship is what you are if you don't incorporate.

excon
    I don't know what forming an incorporate means...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 07:47 PM

Hello again, momma:

There are companies out there that help you form a corporation. It costs a couple hundred dollars. If you do that, and you happen to get sued, your house (if you owned one) would NOT be at risk in the lawsuit. That's the advantage of forming a corporation.

If you don't have assets to protect, and I think that's your situation, then don't worry about it for now.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Hey, Momma!

Are you ready to really get your business noticed on the Internet?
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, momma:

There are companies out there that help you form a corporation. It costs a couple hundred dollars. If you do that, and you happen to get sued, your house (if you owned one) would NOT be at risk in the lawsuit. That's the advantage of forming a corporation.

If you don't have assets to protect, and I think that's your situation, then don't worry about it for now.

excon
    Thanks for dumbing that down for me :P I do not have a house. Not even a brand new car, LOL. Thank you for the info.
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hey, Momma!

No, I don't have a business yet. Lol.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:07 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hey, Momma!

Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    No, I don't have a business yet. Lol.
    But, perhaps you might want to get started, at least, on a smaller scale?
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:11 PM

I don't even have a name yet. I haven't even finished my research or bought supplies. Shoot I'm not even healed enough to hold a broom. But I will in the near future.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:21 PM
    I have a number of different names for my businesses. But, basically they all fall under my first and last name for tax purposes. It's important just to get noticed.

For instance, I bid $3,000 today to do a deck cleaning and refinishing job. I got the job. They found me on the Internet. They also found other things in which I'm involved.

Because of something else in which I'm involved, it turns out the customers and I have a great connection!

Here's another thing. Years ago, someone found me on the Internet because they were looking for goats in Iowa. They're an animal rescue. Because of the way that I worded my ad, it caused them to find me by accident. They then decided to have their piano tuned by me!

How about we try the posting of an ad for just your blog? If we do, you'll be amazed at the result!

I'm just trying to show you how this Internet advertising thing works. If you put my first and last name in a Google search, I'm first in the world!

It's actually become kind of a game to me. I like to try to beat other businesses in my area on the Internet who are providing some of the same services that I am.
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:39 PM

Yes, that would be cool. If you Google my name, I'm the entire first page :P It was totally accidental though. I have a unique name.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Here's a vanity search for your name.

Link

Are all of those about you?
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:44 PM
    If we just do a test ad, I'll bet that your blog could come up on the first page in a Google search within minutes!

We could consider this practice for when you do advertise for your cleaning business.
    Vision Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:51 PM

Cool, what do I do? I'd love to advertise my blog.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Would I have to claim this income on taxes? What do you mean by incorporate momma?
    File incorporation papers with your state to do business and receive your tax number. Then purchase your liability insurance.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:59 PM
    Cool, what do I do? I'd love to advertise my blog.
    First, I'd like for you to join the following site.

Welcome to Hoobly

Please let me know on this thread when you've done that.

Please also heed the advice of Stringer always. He's a major player in the cleaning industry. His advice is as good as gold and second to none!

I hope that you got my voicemail message from my home, Stringer! I'm a bit nervous here, house and dog sitting being without a phone!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
    I visited your blog again, ChihuahuaMomma! Wow, you've added quite a bit to it! Wanted to leave you another message there, but couldn't find where to do that.

How is your arm, please?
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Wanted to leave you another message there, but couldn't find where to do that.
    Found where to do it and left you a comment there...
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:38 PM
    Question:

This'll get you back to here, Momma! :)

Do you actually have running water and electricity out there in Washington State?

I mean, it's clear out there on the other end of the world! :D
    Vision Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 11:16 AM
    First, I'd like for you to join the following site.

Welcome to Hoobly

Please let me know on this thread when you've done that.
    Done!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Do you actually have running water and electricity out there in Washington State?
    Hello Clough:

Momma and I live in a rain forest. There's water running everywhere. But, we ain't got no lectricity, though. I'm sitting here pumping as fast as I can.

excon
    Vision Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 11:22 AM

Haha, Yes we have running water and electricity, even internet :o

Thank you, I found a really cool template site that I used. I love the new layout.

My hand is doing great. The scar has healed over really nicely. Three more weeks of physical therapy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a cleaning service [ 2 Answers ]

In order to start a cleaning service do I have to have license? And how do I go about getting them??

Interested in hiring employees fir my cleaning service [ 7 Answers ]

I am getting ready to hire two employees for part time work for my residential and commercial cleaning business. Only thing that I am clueless about is how much to pay them. I am just a little unsure what the going wages are at the moment for Maids and Commercial Cleaning Maids. Is there a big...

Starting a Cleaning Service. Advice? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm thinking about starting a cleaning service in my area, where I would specialize in cleaning rentals and brand new houses. I am currently out in my area talking to people to see if they think it would be a service they would use. So I really am just in the beginning stages. I'm wondering...

Starting a cleaning service [ 6 Answers ]

Hello experts, Im located in Louisville Ky and I was interested in starting a cleaning service without tuns of money invested. Some of the things I would like to know is were do I start in terms of utilities and supplies, and what are the best markets or clients best suited for this carrer...

Starting cleaning service [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Interested in starting a cleaning service in Georgia. What should I do first? Do I need a business license or a permit? What is the best way to star this business? Can I start this business from home?

View more questions Search